President Obama!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
The question isn't whether every person believes in a gay relationship's validity for whatever reason - it is that everyone should have the same rights, protections and privileges under the law. I won’t take issue with that particular statement just as I won’t shoot holes in the variety of religious theologies practiced by people all over the world. That, and whether one believes in the existence of gay people is a long, fruitless road of debate with perceived discrepancies from all perspectives. In other words, I've got the answer, I just won't post it here because it is not the place and there is no need.

What a person believes is their decision, but they should not have the right to prevent others to thrive because of it. That's the only understanding needed.
Amen!

You know, in Speech class the other day, the other students were talking a lot about the election. So the teacher had to talk to them about it, silencing their negativity. While the conversation was going on, I began to think about people's rights. In the Constitution, I believe it says "All men are created equal." Yet back then, they counted slaves as property. When I decided to add my two bits into the "debate", I stated that it was the Founding Fathers' fault for the confusion of rights into today's world.

Needless to say, I tried to stay far away from political discussionss as possible (still kinda do), and I was shocked about the Prop. 8 turnout. I know that it might affect the future of many people... maybe even some that I know...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In the Constitution, I believe it says "All men are created equal." Yet back then, they counted slaves as property. When I decided to add my two bits into the "debate", I stated that it was the Founding Fathers' fault for the confusion of rights into today's world.
It's the Declaration, but we know what you mean. :smile: It's ironic that the Founding Fathers were fighting for freedom, but at the same time many were wishing to keep control over a different group of people. And rationalized it by saying "they aren't people, they are property." Heh...human beings can be like that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:attitude: I always felt the founding fathers just wanted to keep the peace as much as they could. They were already fighting another nation for independence and one another on so many issues. I think in some areas they simply upheld societal norms believing that they'd be amended when the time was right.

It is interesting how the documents that created this country are interpreted by different people. That is actually how it was intended. I end up filtering everything with this one thought: Do we want to be an inclusive or exclusive nation? :coy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Moovin' right along because someone blew their "horn" on our running gag. I guess it got 'udderly' ridiculous.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You don't know the "hoof" of it, especially since I can't stay away from milk.