Political correctness has gone WAY TO FAR

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly I just wish people would shut up about the gender vs sex deal and just let those live the life they want to live.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Here's another example of what I'm talking about. The other day on a message board I saw some people demanding a litmus test for, of all things, soap opera actors. They should all be as progressive in real life as the characters they portray, or they shouldn't get hired. I responded with, "I don't like Trump, but I don't want a litmus test for actors. That's like McCarthyism." For my trouble, I was told I must be "lying" about not liking Trump. When I provided evidence to the contrary (such as my earlier anti-Trump posts on that very thread, duh), this one disturbed individual proclaimed, "B****! Trump trash be gone!" Apparently my vote for Hillary didn't count for much, heh. For my crime of wrongthink, I deserved to be chased away*. And you know if the discussion had been "liberal actors should be blacklisted," that wacko wouldn't have stood for it. McCarthy controlled people's words in the name of patriotism; Wacko wanted to do the same in the name of tolerance. Either way you slice it, it's PC run amok.

Bottom line, my opinion was too moderate for that crowd, not divisive enough. Again, that attitude is what caused Trump and it won't go away once he's gone.

(*Btw, that wasn't too unlike the reception I received on another Muppets forum. They know who they are. :halo:)

Last edited:

Censored

Reaction score
And you know if the discussion had been "liberal actors should be blacklisted," that wacko wouldn't have stood for it. McCarthy controlled people's words in the name of patriotism; Wacko wanted to do the same in the name of tolerance.
That's exactly what happened during the McCarthy era.

Censored

Reaction score
Honestly I just wish people would shut up about the gender vs sex deal and just let those live the life they want to live.
It wouldn't even be an issue, if it wasn't for the bigotry on the right.

Censored

Reaction score
The "both sides" argument gets old. it's almost like whenever conservatives do or say something mean or hateful, we have to say "both sides," so they won't be offended. Talk about PC...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The "both sides" argument gets old.
Not possible since it's instantly silenced at every attempt. :wink:

it's almost like whenever conservatives do or say something mean or hateful
Dude, you know that's not me. And you know that's not the examples I gave. Not everything is about the virtuous liberals and evil conservatives. This isn't a cartoon.

Censored

Reaction score
Not possible since it's instantly silenced at every attempt. :wink:

Dude, you know that's not me. Not everything is about the virtuous liberals and evil conservatives. This isn't a cartoon.
But, what's wrong with calling out bigotry when we see it?