Political correctness has gone WAY TO FAR

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Earlier today F1 superstar Lewis Hamilton had to apologise for saying 'boys can't wear girls dresses' to his nephew who had gotten a princess dress for Christmas.Many people found this offensive but I see nothing wrong with it.Why.. because this is his opinion and since the world has become P.C nobody can have an opinion on anything without being told there wrong.

Another example of this is me in sociology class last year when my teacher said there are more than two genders.I disagreed to this statement by saying it's impossible to be either something other than male or female without having both sets of genitalia.I apparently wrong and was badly told other saying that I don't respect people's way of thinking.
I personally believe being P.C has gone WAY TO FAR
Thoughts

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I AM BEGGING YOU PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THIS CONVERSATION HERE. THIS IS A RABBIT HOLE NO ONE WANTS TO FALL INTO.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Earlier today F1 superstar Lewis Hamilton had to apologise for saying 'boys can't wear girls dresses' to his nephew who had gotten a princess dress for Christmas.Many people found this offensive but I see nothing wrong with it.Why.. because this is his opinion and since the world has become P.C nobody can have an opinion on anything without being told there wrong.

Another example of this is me in sociology class last year when my teacher said there are more than two genders.I disagreed to this statement by saying it's impossible to be either something other than male or female without having both sets of genitalia.I apparently wrong and was badly told other saying that I don't respect people's way of thinking.
I personally believe being P.C has gone WAY TO FAR
Thoughts
PC has been going way too far for a very long time now.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and in a perfect world, it is possible to respect another's opinion even if they don't agree with it.

It works both ways, if they want you to respect other people's way of thinking, they equally have to respect yours.

Some people think being PC gives them some sense of nobility, that somehow it makes them immune from being racist, ignorant, insensitive, and opens up freedom of speech and thought.
Not quite so, just the opposite. You can't call a fat lady fat, or heavy, for fear of hurting her feelings. But when she's standing on your foot, it's not totally honest to tell her, "Excuse me, Ma'm. My foot is experiencing uncontrollable pain because there is a tremendous massive weight pressing down on it. Rest assured, it's not YOU. But since you are invading my personal space, I have no other recourse than to tell you to BACK UP!!!"

And behold, her feelings get spared. Your pain will still be there for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Some people think being PC gives them some sense of nobility, that somehow it makes them immune from being racist, ignorant, insensitive, and opens up freedom of speech and thought.
Not quite so, just the opposite. You can't call a fat lady fat, or heavy, for fear of hurting her feelings. But when she's standing on your foot, it's not totally honest to tell her, "Excuse me, Ma'm. My foot is experiencing uncontrollable pain because there is a tremendous massive weight pressing down on it. Rest assured, it's not YOU. But since you are invading my personal space, I have no other recourse than to tell you to BACK UP!!!"

And behold, her feelings get spared. Your pain will still be there for a while.
True, if it's necessary I don't see any problem with referring to someone's weight. But, what I hate is when people constantly point it out as an insult, especially towards someone they don't know. Like, first off, i'm pretty sure the person you're targeting already knows they're overweight, so constantly telling them is not going to make them any thinner. Second, it's just not fair to fat shame complete strangers, you have no idea what their situation is.

Last edited by a moderator:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion, as long as you agree with me! No, that is not how I think, that's how the world of Spayshul Sneuflakes think.

Political correctness has run amuck. Here are some examples:
Gingerbread men are now Gingerbread persons
Snowmen are now Snowpersons
Housewives are now Domestic Engineers
Homeless is now Outdoor Urban Dweller
Ugly is now Visually unfavorable
Unemployed is now economically inactive or unintentionally at leisure
Manhole is now utility hole
Lazy is now motivationally deficient
and now my personal "Favorite", insult is now emotional rape

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I do hate when people feel like they can get away with political correctness to their advantage because they feel they have a special privilege.

For instance, I saw a video of a black guy in a classroom smelling like weed, and the teacher was calling him out for it. His response?

"Man, it's cause I'm the only black person in the classroom!" Thank God all the students told him to shut up the moment he brought up his race.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion, as long as you agree with me! No, that is not how I think, that's how the world of Spayshul Sneuflakes think.

Political correctness has run amuck. Here are some examples:
Gingerbread men are now Gingerbread persons
Snowmen are now Snowpersons
Housewives are now Domestic Engineers
Homeless is now Outdoor Urban Dweller
Ugly is now Visually unfavorable
Unemployed is now economically inactive or unintentionally at leisure
Manhole is now utility hole
Lazy is now motivationally deficient
and now my personal "Favorite", insult is now emotional rape
I have never heard of any of those.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Political correctness has gone too far that at one point here a couple of years ago, you couldn't say that something was politically in/correct, you had to say that it was politically in/sensitive instead.