Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
Haha, yeah really, Marty! I agree that they were totally too calm, logically speaking... you'd think they'd be a little more shaken up! Like their buddy falls and they're thinkin' like "Oh, there he goes. Hmmm, so that sure IS a possibility..." Haha, veerryyy odd little piggies, aren't they! Or hey, maybe they were so calm because they knew that mattress was there!
Yeah Caroline. They should have been more upset like you said.
Perhaps the dialogue would have been more realistically something like.
Leader piggy: Our poor buddy's foot must have suddenly slipped out from under a loose stone. We'd better watch our step very, very closely.
Second piggy: Oh yeah, yeah. This is terrible. If only we'd known how dangerous this mountain was then we wouldn't have picked this one and our buddy would still be with us.:cry:

Like we've pointed out before they weren't even majorly upset about their buddy's fate were they? As if it was all his own hard luck and his sacrifice at least had given them warning about the peril facing them. How odd indeed.
Then again, as you said, if they knew the mattress was there they were happy that he hadn't been killed etc.:big_grin:

Only question is why was their buddy so nervous himself?
Well the best I can think of is that he had a slight touch of stage fright when it was time for their number, but not too bad that he was unable to perform with the others.:wink:

Skye

Reaction score
That's great dialogue. And you're right, realistically speaking, that is probably how it would go. But really... who in Muppet Land wants to live solely in reality! :wink:

Well, maybe their buddy was so nervous because even though the mattress was there, he was still afraid it might hurt if he fell. See, he was looking down, wondering if the mattress was soft enough! He was thinking, "Oh, I hope the mattress is so soft and cushion-y... it'll feel like I'm landing on a cloud!" :big_grin: But of course, stage fright may have definitely been a factor as well! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Leader piggy: Our poor buddy's foot must have suddenly slipped out from under a loose stone. We'd better watch our step very, very closely.
Second piggy: Oh yeah, yeah. This is terrible. If only we'd known how dangerous this mountain was then we wouldn't have picked this one and our buddy would still be with us.:cry:
I was just thinking Caroline as I looked over what I said, that maybe I could've said Our poor buddy's trotter must have slipped.
But then again the pigs generally had human style hands (would be rather difficult for them to climb if they didn't:wink: ) and on rare occasions we would see them barefoot and they also had human feet. Obviously muppet piggies are a unique breed aren't they?:wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Heh, that's very true, Marty! I hadn't thought of that. You bet, muppet piggies sure are the most unique (and weirdest!) breed! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Yeah Caroline. They should have been more upset like you said.
Skye said:
That's great dialogue. And you're right, realistically speaking, that is probably how it would go. But really....who in Muppet Land wants to live solely in reality!:wink:
That is correct Caroline. And besides they didn't have time to say all that very much before the second verse. The music had already begun.:wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Here's a different sort of idea

The Three Piggies perform "The Pink Panther Theme Song"

The piggies play the theme in a dark alleyway on a saxophone, a trumpet and a drum kit and are eventually attacked and chased off in terror by a muppeteer in a full-body wild panther outfit, naturally coloured pink. :big_grin: :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
And besides they didn't have time to say all that very much before the second verse. The music had already begun.
Aww, they could work around that! :wink: They could've changed it a bit and added some more music while they did that dialogue... our piggies are so talented like that! :big_grin:

Awesome idea for the Pink Panther sketch, too! Love it, very entertaining... and very Muppet-y! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You're both very welcome. And the piggies are pleased you like the sketch ideas with them too. :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Speaking of the female piggies idea once again I imagine they would have gone happy wandering together in shorts. Then when the first two fell we would get to see the sight of some very cute legs. :flirt: :smirk: :smile: