Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
All right, here's another thought...the pigs still male, but what if the goat was female? I don't know, just another random thought I had. :smile:
Wow. You sure love ziffeling me don't you Beth? Though you did reply directly to my post and I was replying to Caroline's post which is completely un-related to what you had to say in your post that I had replied to. So it seems like you made a ziffel that made continuous sense. If you can understand what I've just said. I can barely follow the meaning of it myself.:confused: :crazy:

But seriously I like your train of thought and I have thought about it myself.
You never know the goat could have been female all the time in any case. It is a little ambiguous. Perhaps her mate was way over on the other side of the mountain looking for some tasty vegetation he could uproot and bring back to share with their little ones and she killed the poor unsuspecting innocent pigs out of concern for the safety of their baby goats.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Kiki said:
Lol, I just read the story you posted Marty, it's great, and vair vair cute. I can picture female muppeteers performing 'The happy wanderer', they would be those pigs from Sesame Street... 'the Oinker Sisters' or whatever they're called.
HA HA Thanks Katie. I'm so pleased people are finding my idea amusing and awesome.

This has got to be the best thought I ever had for including in this thread:big_grin:
I hope as many people as possible post saying what they think of it.:smile:

(and please feel free to just post in here whenever you can Katie. I know how busy you are with school and everything else in life. But I'm happy to read your feedback whenever you can conveniently reply:smile: )

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Let's have another bump to this thread.
BUMP AAAAAAAAHHHHHH There goes another little piggy heh heh :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I have shared my latest thought with people I've talked to about the Muppets in the past. When I told them about this sketch I would say afterwards I thought it would be interesting to try the same sketch using women. Most of them found my thought very interesting and imaginative.

Sometimes I would even tell the story of the sketch in this way. Like so:
Imagine these three women walking along a mountain track singing the Happy Wanderer together. And then during that point in the chorus the woman on the end tumbles to her death. The other two look at each other and say "Uh-oh." And then the woman up front tells her remaining friend to watch her step and she agrees saying "Yeah.Yeah."
So they go along further singing again, the lead woman holding up the climbing rope between them to check it's tied firmly, but again at that point of the chorus the second woman tumbles to her death.
The last woman is very upset as she resumes singing for naturally she doesn't want to end up like her friends. And she is so apprehensive during the chorus but is so relieved that she doesn't fall at that moment. She begins singing happily and to enjoy herself when suddenly two big boulders come rolling down the mountain and squash her flat.
Then a goat appears bleating to himself.

I don't think anybody would have really minded my bit of poetic licence. It's all the same funny story in the end isn't it? :wink::smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I guess it depends on what stereotypes you've predominantly grown up with.
I see what you mean Caroline though sometimes I've seen females use "eeeeeeee" on television in the negative context.
But you are probably right that most times in real life it is used as a positive happy joyful scream, except in the case of having seen a mouse of course

Okay then I'll say that we'd keep the screams the way they are in my "alternative" version. And really they do sound perfect and would convey the same message in either case.
That's very true, the stereotypes that you've grown up with do make a difference. But yes, keeping the screams the same in your alternate version here is the best idea, I agree. And besides, it would be more fun for our muppeteers to do the "ahhhhhh" scream than the "eeeeeee" scream, I'd imagine!
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Let's have another bump to this thread.
BUMP AAAAAAAAHHHHHH There goes another little piggy heh heh
Ahhh, what a fabulous goat you are, Marty! :wink:
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I don't think anybody would have really minded my bit of poetic licence. It's all the same funny story in the end isn't it?
It most certainly is! :big_grin: I love how you would tell them the story usinng females right away. I think that makes it a little more interesting, and I think it would give those people you told more of a chance to use their imagination when listening and responding to you about it. I'm assuming those people hadn't seen the Muppet version of it, so that makes it even more interesting for them... and maybe a bit more odd, also! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
I love how you would tell them the story usinng females right away. I think that makes it a little more interesting, and I think it would give those people you told more of a chance to use their imagination when listening and responding to you about it. I'm assuming those people hadn't seen the Muppet version of it, so that makes it even more interesting for them... and maybe a bit more odd, also! :wink:
If that would make it a bit more odd for them just think how very odd it would be if I had told them that the three mountain-climbing "women" were sows walking upright like humans, wearing clothes and able to sing and to talk and to scream on their way down just like human women.
And for those of you who don't know sows are what female piggies are known as.:crazy: :smirk:

Skye

Reaction score
Haha, how very true, Marty! :wink: But, that sure would add even more entertainment... could turn into one craaaaaazy conversation!! :big_grin:

........ a little like this one. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Heh, I think we all have that motto around here! :wink: :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And where muppet humour is concerned it's the best motto to have :wink: