Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh cute story Marty! I don't know though...I'm not sure if I could see them as females in this sketch. Here's a funny thought though, are you familiar with the song "I've Got a New Way to Walk" from Sesame Street? They used three diva like pigs. What if they were the climbers? Hee hee.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I love your little un-intended pun about Karen "hamming it up" with our sketch.
I bet she would really put a lot of emotion into her character's voice during the final verse. Make her sound almost like she was crying. :wink:
And she'd really sing the end bits when she's relieved that she doesn't fall and when the boulders crush her with appropriate expression befitting a woman eh?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Oh cute story Marty! I don't know though...I'm not sure if I could see them as females in this sketch. Here's a funny thought though, are you familiar with the song "I've Got a New Way to Walk" from Sesame Street? They used three diva like pigs. What if they were the climbers? Hee hee.
Congratulations on the cute ziffel Beth. And I do in fact remember that Sesame Street moment. They sure would have made very funny singing female pigs for the sketch.:big_grin:

But seriously I'm inclined to think that because the pigs were commonly presented in a male image, though they did occasionally do a good job at a female what-not pig, if the female Muppeteers had done the sketch they would be more inclined to have used human what-nots.
Still it is an intriguing and interesting speculation isn't it? :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I love your little un-intended pun about Karen "hamming it up" with our sketch.
I bet she would really put a lot of emotion into her character's voice during the final verse. Make her sound almost like she was crying. :wink:
And she'd really sing the end bits when she's relieved that she doesn't fall and when the boulders crush her with appropriate expression befitting a woman eh?
Oh, absolutely. I imagine Karen being great at that! She usually seemed to be pretty great at expressing emotions like that.

Hehe, Beth, very cute thought. I bet they would be great as these climbers, too! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I suppose if they were female they probably would scream "Val-de-eeeeeeee"
as they were falling as opposed to "Val-de-aaaaaaaahhhhh."

That is traditionally thought to be a woman's sort of scream isn't it?

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I suppose if they were female they probably would scream "Val-de-eeeeeeee"
as they were falling as opposed to "Val-de-aaaaaaaahhhhh."

That is traditionally thought to be a woman's sort of scream isn't it?
No, I don't think so.

If you mean it the way I think you do, then I think "eeeeeeeee" is generally an excited scream, or squeal (I'm pretty sure I squealed like that when my cousin got engaged, hehe! :excited: )... or, "Eeeek, a mouse," I guess. :big_grin: But I think "aaaaahhhhhh" is a universal scream for "Help, an evil goat is knockin' me off a mountain!" :wink:

Kiki

Reaction score
Lol, I just read the story you posted Marty, it's great, and vair vair cute. :big_grin: I can picture female muppeteers performing 'The happy wanderer', they would be those pigs from Sesame Street... 'the Oinker Sisters' or whatever they're called. :smile:

(btw, I apoligise for not posting in this thread that often. :embarrassed: )

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Oh cute story Marty! I don't know though...I'm not sure if I could see them as females in this sketch.
I understand what you say Beth. Especially in the case of the last pig in the lead. The other two pigs could have a mop of female-like hair added to them though. I said earlier that they occasionally did a female pig in that way with the use of adding hair to the puppets. But that leader pig is rather masculine isn't he?
I think they may have been able to pull it off with adding feminine eye-lashes to his squinty eyes plus the hair and a female voice but it would be a pretty tight pinch. Then again as I also said before they also could've just used female what-nots:wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
All right, here's another thought...the pigs still male, but what if the goat was female? I don't know, just another random thought I had. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
If you mean it the way I think you do, then I think "eeeeeeeee" is generally an excited scream, or squeal (I'm pretty sure I squealed like that when my cousin got engaged, hehe! )... or, "Eeeek, a mouse," I guess. But I think "aaaaahhhhhh" is a universal scream for "Help, an evil goat is knockin' me off a mountain!" :wink:
I guess it depends on what stereotypes you've predominantly grown up with.
I see what you mean Caroline though sometimes I've seen females use "eeeeeeee" on television in the negative context.
But you are probably right that most times in real life it is used as a positive happy joyful scream, except in the case of having seen a mouse of course:wink:

Okay then I'll say that we'd keep the screams the way they are in my "alternative" version. And really they do sound perfect and would convey the same message in either case. :smirk: