Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Apart from you Beth I have only shared the answer with Snowthy. Everybody else, think hard about it and see if you can work it out. :wink:

And I'm glad you liked my story William. And your idea sounds funny to me also. Poor Kermit would be almost a nervous wreck what with all the many technical difficulties that had already happened on TMS before this particular one. heh-heh :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Keep thinking about it William. Maybe you and Caroline could discuss it together by PM if you're still apart and figure it out between yourselves.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fan said:
Not quite sure. I think it would have been funny with what-nots but it's okay the way it is.

Skye said:
Well, I was going to say that having them as pigs is funnier, just because of the way they handled it and they did such a good job at making it awesome. But, I do love the dog idea, too! That would've been very funny, too. Though, I must admit that the screams of our piggies are very good and quite entertaining, too. :big_grin:
As amusing as my idea of the dogs is I must admit I don't think they would have been likely to have seriously considered it. I do know that out of all the Muppet animal what-nots the pigs were by far the easiest to use in most numbers, because they were able to wear clothes and perform most naturally in human-like situations.
So like cgf said it would have been funny with human what-nots but I do agree with what you say Caroline. Using the pigs in such a masterfully handled human situation sketch does make it even funnier. And you're right. They did make it awesome:big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
And once more. Does anyone realize the subtil little joke I made in naming the piggies Gerald, David and Dick?
Jerry Nelson was one of the Muppeteers voicing and performing them in the sketch. The others were Dave Goelz and Richard Hunt. This is a hint to the answer to my question. Can anybody guess?:wink:
Just thought I'd drop a gentle little reminder in case people forgot with the last post I made. I'll shut up in this thread for a little while and see if somebody likes to try to tell me the answer:big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
So, I've got a weird little story for y'all! At this point, the weather where I am is very icky and icey and slippery (I hate it). And last week as I was leaving, my dad said to me, "Watch your step!" He rarely ever says that! And I just smiled when he did because all I could think about was this crazy thread and the silly sketch. Of course, I did manage to focus and actually watch my step while I was thinking about those things, too. :wink:

And, about Marty's question, I have stumbled across the right answer, so I shall post it! The piggies were named after their respective Muppeteers: Gerald for Jerry, David for Dave, and Dick for Richard! Wonderful job naming them, Marty! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Congratulations Caroline and thank you for your compliments :smile:

That is a very cute story. I suppose those of us who are fanatical about this sketch will always be reminded about it whenever we hear that "Watch your step" phrase. I'm glad you were able to focus on doing it as well Caroline. It would probably have been nasty if you'd slipped.
Nowhere near as bad of course as it was for the piggies.
Where mountains are concerned Watch your step has by far the most serious connotations, doesn't it?

Well at least there was no evil goat to knock you over onto the ice while you were trying to watch your footing :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
And, about Marty's question, I have stumbled across the right answer, so I shall post it! The piggies were named after their respective Muppeteers: Gerald for Jerry, David for Dave, and Dick for Richard! Wonderful job naming them, Marty! :big_grin:
Incidentally I even almost named the evil goat Francis after his Muppeteer, Frank Oz. But I decided it really wasn't necessary.