Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You're very welcome cgf
Incidentally can you or anyone else guess the significance in my naming the three piggies Gerald, Dick and David? :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Ha! That's a geat story, Marty! I love it! :big_grin:

Bill Bubble Guy said:
But it is a clever touch that they somehow presented that pig as truly singing happily at the same time as his moment of unsureness, isn't it? :zany:
That's very true. And, with everthing going on, it really makes the viewer pay close attention to everything that's going on in the sketch, which is great.

anythingmuppet said:
Y'know, I just saw this skit yesterday and I didn't like it too much, I thought it was kinda dark. I mean, the pig falling, and the screaming, eww...lol But it was cute, and the goat was like a sadist or something...he enjoyed killing the innocent hiker pigs..
Aw Nick, yeah, it is kind of a dark little sketch, but I do think it's fun to watch. And weird. And, ya know, we're all a little weird around here... just different kinds of weird. :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Nick likes my story though Caroline. He's glad the lil' porkers as he called them in his message to me are okay:big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Yay! Heh. I'm glad Nick likes it, too. You did do a great job of takin' care of our little piggies in that story, Marty! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
BTW I sort of have Jerry Nelson to thank for the inspiration of my little story.
Ya see in my last PM to him I was talking about this sketch and told him because they had always done such a great job of making us believe that the Muppets were real I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the piggies since they lose their lives in the sketch.
And he replied to me saying they weren't killed at all. There was a trampoline at the bottom of the mountain and they just bounced themselves even sillier than ever.:big_grin:

If you ever read this Jerry thank you very much. I hope you are feeling much better now and I hope you like my story and my overall thread.:smile:

And once more. Does anyone realize the subtil little joke I made in naming the piggies Gerald, David and Dick?
Jerry Nelson was one of the Muppeteers voicing and performing them in the sketch. The others were Dave Goelz and Richard Hunt. This is a hint to the answer to my question. Can anybody guess?:wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well....I know the answer because you told me, but I want to see if anyone else gets it. :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thanks Beth.
And it's lovely to see you post here for the first time. :big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Happy to get involved in this thread about such a delirously funny skit! I don't know why I haven't posted more. Anyway, I'm still leaving it up to others to guess the answer.....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I loved that story! I thing if they made the skech with just one pig and a bloder smashed into hin five seconds in, it would be perfect. They would close the curtain and Kermit would have to probably come out nervously and tell the audienc there somk kind of tecnical difficulty or delay or somthing. I think it would be hilairious that way! HAHA!