Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
And isn't the set they designed for the number remarkable? Not only the mountain in itself but the background mountains painted on the scenery wall? They really are excellent for creating the impression that the Three Happy Wanderers are up at such an extremely immense height from which they fall, are they not?
That's very true, the set is pretty awesome. I always thought that creating a set like that could be awfully difficult, so I love seeing how cool they can be.

Haha, that's an awesome post you made in that thread! :big_grin: Wow, it's perfect, and wonderfully detailed. I love it.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
How did they do the effect of them climbing up the mountain? It seems to be like one of those Flintstones moments like when they keep passing the same background:smile:. No offense from that, Marty:wink:.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
maniacal muppet said:
How did they do the effect of them climbing up the mountain? It seems to be like one of those Flintstones moments like when they keep passing the same background:smile:. No offense from that, Marty:wink:.
I imagine they must have had some kind of ramp or staircase hidden behind that mountain prop. The whole sequence must have been very challenging Austin for Dave, Richard and Jerry making their ascent while making the climbing look as genuine as possible.

It was a remarkable achievement for the Muppeteers fersure rully:big_grin:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I imagine they must have had some kind of ramp or staircase hidden behind that mountain prop. The whole sequence must have been very challenging Austin for Dave, Richard and Jerry making their ascent while making the climbing look as genuine as possible.

It was a remarkable achievement for the Muppeteers fersure rully:big_grin:
Heck, it was worth the work, it's easily one of
The Muppet Show's best skits:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes and by far the best skit for bringing out some of our warped senses of humour as well :big_grin: :wink: :crazy:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I just remembered that one of John's classic songs is good old "Rocky Mountain High." Do you suppose this could have provided some slight subtil inspiration for the Pigs' mountain-climbing sketch in at least a small way?:wink:

And if so maybe those pigs threatened to sue Mr.Denver since he had inadvertently given the show's writers some little measure of idea for their bad misfortune. Unless as Skye and I speculated in a previous quirky exchange that the events of the sketch may have been enjoyable for muppets like them. In which case they probably wanted to thank John Denver instead.:smirk:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
You know, that entire sketch reminds me of The Far Side.

It was the one entitled: "Tension builds on the Lewis and Clark expedition."

The one in front is energetically singing 'The Happy Wanderer,' and the one in the back is thinking, "God, I hate him."

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Is that an episode of a series on television Erin?
Was it very funny? Do you remember how it goes exactly?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
The Far Side? No, it was a single-panel comic drawn by Gary Larson many years ago. It was all absurdist humor, and funny as all get out. Some of those cartoons I can't read without cracking up.