Overrated Movies

Mupp

Reaction score
Also, Cars scares me. I find it extremly creepy and disturbing
I don't suppose you have a better reason for not liking the film?
Or perhaps you would be good enough to explain WHY you find it "extremely creepy and disturbing"?

You know what? Never mind. Forget I said anything. I'm staying out of this.
I'm sick and tired of people hating on Cars.

In the long run, it has been successful for Disney and Pixar and it was a good movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Everyone hating on 3-D has that film to thank. Though, again, I'd rather James Cameron won the Oscar for than instead of Titanic. And like I said before, put me down in one of those Clockwork Orange chairs and force me to watch BOTH Italian movies. Even they aren't as painful as the real one... and they ARE PAINFUL.

Here's another one to ad... someone's gonna be ticked.

Saw... and all the sequels. Really. That's not a horror film, that's a snuff film.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Also, Cars scares me. I find it extremly creepy and disturbing
Lol well I wouldn't say it scared me, but out of all Pixar films, it is my least favorite. It wasn't BAD, but it wasn't great either. Cars really seems to do well in merchandise too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's my opinion on it too. I like it, but hardly a favorite. If nothing else, they knew that kids love toy cars. Cars as a movie was the master of marketing. Ratatouille (while one of my favorites) didn't sell a single figure until it hit clearance and that's why UP was hurt by a lack of merchandising. I really wanted a Carl figure....:cry: Now I gotta buy a 20 dollar Kubricks set if I want him.

Back to overrated... I really think the king of overrated (besides Titanic... did I mention that yet?) is Blair Witch Project. That movie is one of the top reasons I have problems with indie films. It was just... just bleh. Nothing interesting about it. But at least it wasn't a snuff film.

Oh, and on that subject? Super Size Me? Super Overrate me! Wait... you mean to tell me if you eat food that makes you fat, you get fat? Someone give me some tasteless pricey Soyjoy bars so I can live to be 90 and climb mountains and pretend to care about nature. I am so anticonsumerist that I have to buy the special 3 disk blu-ray edition of it, and then Skype about it from my Apple Lap top. Food Inc? That one's GOOD because it actually goes DEEP into problems. Super Size me has no real thesis, and is just a celebration of the very same personal irresponsibility no one really wants to talk about.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Another over rated movie

i find almost anything Will Farrel atleast by my friends...nothing against the guy and i like anchorman but all his other movies is just the same character over and over

and i agree on the Saw films

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another over rated movie

i find almost anything Will Farrel atleast by my friends...nothing against the guy and i like anchorman but all his other movies is just the same character over and over
That's... what I said earlier...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i would like to point out that i never said cars was a bad movie. people should not get offended when someone expresses an opinion. things with faces that shouldnt have faces tend to creep me out. its a silly thing to be scared of and thats why i didnt originally post it. happy now?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Titanic - I just didn't care much for the teeny-bopper love story and the digital ship sinking in the ocean. However, I do love Kate Winslet and Kathy Bates.

Transformers - I fell asleep in this movie. There was no human connection and the robots looks so busy and non-descript it's hard to tell what's going on!

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland - Beautiful, but Burton has lost all perspective as far as storytelling and has little respect for source material. Let's hope his stop-motion Addams Family comes out better.

Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are - I understood all the levels of this film, but didn't enjoy one frame of it. I wish Disney and Pixar had done that animated film they were experimenting with in the 80's.

Happy Feet - A virtually plotless motion capture mess. I like my animated films to be animated! I found the picture jarring and strange. I love penguins, but I don't get this film's appeal.

Polar Express - The kids look like creepy, hollow-shelled zombies. While there are some great sweeping shots in this piece, it ultimately left me cold.

Passion of the Christ - I understood the importance of the film to religious folk, but two hours of brutal torment seems more like an adult film than a spiritual one. I'm really not joking about that.

No flames please.... :embarrassed:
Totally agree with these ones.

I would also like to add...

Knocked Up- Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie ok. But people sometimes treat this movie like it's the "greatest comedy of all time" or something. It's like how I've explained in a few threads my thoughts on Pixar's Cars. When someone says something is "overratted" people tent to take that as meaning that "it's bad" which isn't always the case. While I feel "Knocked Up" is a good movie, I don't feel it derserves all the attention and praise it gets, I think Judd Apatow is great, and I enjoyed "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" much more.

SillyRed

Reaction score
I don't see why people preferred Avatar over Princess and the Frog. Doesn't anyone care about talking animal movies anymore?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Speaking of talking animals.... I'm just gonna lump these all into one pile..

Live action talking Dog movies. Really. I know 5 year olds can't get enough of dogs talking about butt sniffing and pooping and having sassy back talk and quoting old movies. But these things are the bottom of the barrel. There's NO quality. It's all poop and hydrant jokes. I'm sorry, but I think kids deserve something better than that.