Out With the Old, In With the New! The New Year's Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, it's 2020; the New Tens are over; can skinny jeans please, please, please stop being a thing now?!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I have no negatives to list because looking in hindsight only two things stand out from 2019, and they’re positives.

1. I listened to a lot of new music and discovered some great artists and albums.

2. I got in a relationship with the cutest, nicest, most beautiful girl in the whole world, and I love her so much.

These on their own make this a pretty great year. And it went by incredibly fast, too. Here’s to whatever 2020 brings our way. Happy new year!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Happiness is a choice.
Eh, that's a dicey road for me... I think you can choose to have a positive outlook on life, but I'm not necessarily sure you can choose to be happy because happiness is an emotion, not a thought.

Sorry to get all technical; otherwise that was a great post, but I just have a hard time thinking you can choose to be happy when there are so many things out of our control like diseases, mental illnesses, etc.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have a personal tradition that every year, I like to watch the series finale of TV shows on New Year's Eve, and then watch pilot episodes on New Year's Day.

After all these years, I'm still of the opinion that the greatest series finale was M*A*S*H, while GREEN ACRES had the most unique, clever, and original pilot in TV history.

gravy

Reaction score
I have a personal tradition that every year, I like to watch the series finale of TV shows on New Year's Eve, and then watch pilot episodes on New Year's Day.
this is cruel and unusual

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Okay, it's 2020; the New Tens are over; can skinny jeans please, please, please stop being a thing now?!
Skinny jeans were a thing way back in my ancient times. Back when designer jeans ruled the earth. 40 years ago $40 bought you a pair of Sergio Valentes with a big V embroidered on the back pocket.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't fit into skinny jeans either.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's not that I can't fit into them (I don't even wear jeans - never been a fan of how uncomfortable and restricting they can be), I just find them to be a horrid fashion trend that makes the polyster leisure suits of the 70s seem like the bee's knees.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's not that I can't fit into them (I don't even wear jeans - never been a fan of how uncomfortable and restricting they can be), I just find them to be a horrid fashion trend that makes the polyster leisure suits of the 70s seem like the bee's knees.
I had one of those when I was nine. I thought I was hip. But I had my own fashion disasters. Most notably my 80s mullet. Pheeeeewwwww!!!