Out With the Old, In With the New! The New Year's Thread

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm far from perfect but at least I'm better now than I was back when I believed some fictional sky daddy created the world and forces human beings to worship him or else perish in a lake of fricking fire.
Well, what works for you doesn't necessarily work for me. There is no correct religion as far as I'm concerned. We are all free to pursue whatever beliefs we want, so let's leave it at that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, here we are, the final day of 2019, and what an absolutely craptastic year it turned out to be! I'm not so sure that I would necessarily classify 2019 as having been one of the worst years of my life, at least, not to the extent that 2004, 2006, or 2010 were, but it definitely ranks up there. 2019 was a year full of hardships and misfortunes, there was very, very little that happened in 2019 that was positive, but here's a rundown of what 2019 was like - for me, at least:

The Positive
* Steve D'Monster's 15th anniversary celebration went rather nicely.
* I got to meet another Muppet person, that Muppet person being Noel MacNeal - and even got smelled by Bear.
* Celebrating Sesame Street's 50th anniversary, and even being able to participate in the celebration in some small ways.

The Negative
* Climate Change. This has been the worst year for it yet: we had our earliest, and longest spring ever; our longest summer ever; and even the week of Christmas was ruined by it.
* The Trump Recession, which pretty much had a domino effect:
** Smaller paychecks, which resulted in. . . .
** Losing health insurance coverage for the second year in a row
** Having to go for extended periods of time of having to get groceries from food pantries
** Having to go for extended periods of time of having meals delivered
* A lifetime of smoking finally catching up to my dad, who's not only hooked up to oxygen now, but had to undergo surgery to unblock her carotid arteries
* My uncle having half of his nose surgically removed because of melanoma; he's still undergoing a series of reconstructive surgeries to build a new nose for him
* The loss of Caroll Spinney, which was something that was bound to happen sooner or later, but it was still saddening

After a year like this, I'm finding myself easily slipping back in cynical pessimist I used often be called out for being many years ago, and to be honest, I kind of don't even want to think about what 2020 might possibly be like . . . I already know there are a few things I'd like to accomplish in the upcoming year, but other than that, I just don't want to really try to look forward to anything. I just need to remind myself to live life one day at a time, and see how the year shapes up as it goes along.

Any Del

Reaction score
This year wasn't the best but it was slightly better than last year for me.

Pros:
Passing all of my classes this semester and close to getting my Associates.

Seeing movies like Dragon Ball Super: Broly, Endgame, Far From Home and etc.

All of Naruto Shippuden in English Dub.

The Naruto and Boruto crossover special.

Repairing the relationship between me and my father. (Trust me, it helped A LOT!)

Getting to meet Vic Mignogna!!! :big_grin: :excited:and other voice actors at Comic Con back in October! :smile:

Seeing more rare Sesame Street content from wonderful fans here at Muppet Central.

Celebrating Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary.

Visiting the Museum Of Moving Images.

Attending the "Nostalgia Train" with me mom and sister.

Cons:

Cutting ties with my dad's A-hole niece, nephew and aunt(though I could care less because I don't consider them as family no more).

Getting swindled by that pile of **** Andrew Turppa aka Flintstone fan and OscarAndTelly fan.

Things that happened back in September which was really draining on my health.

Death of Caroll Spinney.

Death of my aunt. (Other sister of my dad's).

Vic Mignogna losing his reputation due to false allegations from Funimation and Rooster Teeth.

Some voice actors at Funimation and Funimation themselves that I once respected is gone forever because of what they did to Vic.

So since we will be in 2020 in less than 12hrs, I'm going to be a better person and try to make the best of what 2020 has to offer and beyond.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, can’t say I’m going to miss this year in all honesty because there were times it could just get really ***** and irritating, but I will say it was better than the last three years combined. Here are my positives and negatives for this year:

Signing up for twitter
My Saltywhiteguy channel has gotten more creative than just making silly YouTube poops
Getting back into my original work “A Group of Five” after abandoning it for four years. I’m so happy I managed to get four new episodes written, and big shout out to Snowth for your awesome vo work as Melted Ghost Blob
Getting to meet Mailie Flanagan, Phil Lamarr, Jess Harnell at Terifcon, Cam Clarke and Rob Paulsen at Granitecon, Joel Hodgson in his final tour, and Noel MacNeal and Charles Martinet at RI comic con
Seeing Brett Michaels last night
Seeing Avengers Endgame
Disney+

Negatives:

Having to cut more ties, one being a close friend I knew for 10 years
Lost some connections on twitter over stupid mis-understandings
Having to CONSTANTLY re-decorate this house to no end when we sell it in (most likely) 2021
Yes I’m just going to be honest. The Vic vs FUNimation situation. Even putting aside Vic’s status some of the things the Kicvic VA’s have done I can’t say I’m forgiving about, especially doxing other folks and even calling Vic supporters “autistic” (looking at you, Sabat)
My mental health has gotten pretty bad this year. The beginning of this year I wanted to kill myself so many times
Just the fact that Caroll Spinney died this year..... on my birthday none the less.

Now, if I’m being honest, with how political af 2020 is going to be, I can’t say I’m looking forward to it. But I will try and make the best of it as much as I can.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Life is what you make of it.
Happiness is a choice.
Everybody will have crap going on, some more than others.
I am not waiting for circumstances to dictate whether I'm going to be happy or not.
It's a new year, new decade, and if I can wake up tomorrow, I'm already on my way to making it a good day.

2019 is the first year since 2002 I have not been in the hospital .
This year my wife and I got our house.
Next year we'll be married twenty years.
Yes, it's too bad Carroll Spinney died, but it was his time. And I got to meet him several times.Life on earth is temporary compared to eternity in heaven.
I'm still here, you're still here, and I don't know about you, but I'm going to wake up tomorrow wth a smile on my face. And that's how I'm going to bed tomorrow night.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Another thing. Tomorrow will start my SEVENTH decade on this earth (not complete, being born in the late 60's). I've seen so many changes, so many things come and go, so many things we have now that didn't exist when I was little.

I'm 51. I'm old enough to be the father of practically everybody here.

But I do not feel old.
I can still smile more often than frowning.
I'm not real big on wishing, but praying.
I pray for all of you to find the same peace I have. It's not impossible to have. You just have to want it and seek it.
I got a few wrinkles and more gray hairs, but I still feel like I'm 18.

Peace on all of you-
One Fuzzy Brian

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Once upon a time there were two identical twin boys. One was an optimist and one was a pessimist. Their tenth birthday was approaching. Their parents decided to try an experiment to see what would happen. They got the pessimist a shiny new bike. They gave the optimist a box of manure.
On their birthday, the pessimist unwrapped his bike and sighed, "I'll probably break my leg".
The optimist took the lid off his box of manure, and his eyes lit up. He grinned ad said to his parents,"Wow! You can't fool me! With this much manure, there's gotta be a pony!"

Ask yourself what side you're on.

cjd874

Reaction score
My New Year's Goals:
  • Improve my long-term planning and time management for my career and day-to-day activities
  • Explore religion and spirituality more in-depth
  • Get myself into better shape (that is, to put more muscle on instead of just being skin and bones)
  • Become more social and make more opportunities to go out and do things instead of being holed up at home; getting to know family, friends, and co-workers on a more personal level
  • Never mentioned this before, but I also want to get my driver's license. I've already learned how to maneuver a car and have been out on the roads several times (it took the better part of a year), but this is the time for me to get that DL...I can feel it!

Happy New Year, and let's make 2019 a good one. I appreciate all the support and company from everyone on the Muppet Central Forum. And now for a Muppet emoji group photo:

:attitude::sympathy: :cluck::concern: :flirt::big_grin: :halo::wink: :embarrassed::smile::mad: :confused::eek: :fishy::hungry: :sing::cool: :sleep: :boo:
Well, I've done all of these except for the "get myself into better shape" part. I have improved planning strategies, explored religion, and met up with an old high school friend last week. I also got my driver's license three weeks ago!
I haven't set goals for 2020 just yet, but I will get around to that soon. Once again, I wish everyone on Muppet Central a happy and healthy New Year.

Any Del

Reaction score
Goodbye the 2010s and welcome the 2020s. Can't wait for your political talks!

*Sarcasm*