Old Nickelodeon

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i dont think butch had any real creative input in any of his shows. he apparently was involved with season 3 of danny phantom, and that season kinda sucks.
I recently learned that Nick more often than not wanted to avoid having the creators get too involved with or attached to their own shows . . . like according to Mike Pearlstein, who created the SNIZ & FONDUE segments for KABLAM!, there were all sorts of creative decisions he wanted to make that Nick basically rejected - namely certain people he wanted to cast to do the voices of the characters, among other things (he himself did some incidental, one-shot voices throughout the series, but Nick forced him to go uncredited for it because they felt he already had too much credit as creator/writer/producer).

Accordingly, this is also the exact reason why Danny Antonucci ended up taking ED, EDD N EDDY to CN instead, because although Nick was interested, they were demanding total creative control of the show, which Danny wisely wouldn't agree to.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t think the humor of the show would have given the show much of a long run had it shown up on Nick.

C to the J

Reaction score
This should be interesting to those familiar with The Angry Beavers: an animatic of the purported series finale, Bye Bye Beavers. You may notice the show is humorously referred to as ‘2 Very Upset Otters.’ It also uses a couple of impressionists to re-record over the a few parts of the original audio where laughter is heard. If you know anyone who can animate, there’s still time to apply for submissions.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
2 very upset otters, huh? Hmm . . . where have I heard that before?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy crap, I actually didn't know the music from that classic dog bone bumper actually originated from a bumper featuring singing picnic ants!

datman24

Reaction score
For anyone who are fans of the classic Nick Jr. show, Eureeka's Castle, Paramount+ just made 26 episodes of the show available, marking the first time the show has been made legally available for viewing in nearly 20 years.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Accordingly, this is also the exact reason why Danny Antonucci ended up taking ED, EDD N EDDY to CN instead, because although Nick was interested, they were demanding total creative control of the show, which Danny wisely wouldn't agree to.
I’ve never been too big on Ed, Edd and Eddy (I tolerated it at best but often found it as annoying as Spongebob), I wonder if it would have been more to my liking if it aired on Nickelodeon.

Though it was around that point that I was becoming less interested in new Nickelodeon shows, so maybe my opinion would still be the same. Not too many classic Cartoon Cartoon shows that I have the same nostalgic feelings for as the Nicktoons.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that's been on my mind, which I couldn't decide whether to bring up here or in the Nick at Nite thread I started long ago (and I couldn't decide if this is worth bumping a thread that's been inactive since 2018), but from 1988-1992, Nick at Nite aired Looney Tunes, and for a brief period in 1998, Nick at Nite ran Rugrats and Peanuts specials on Sunday nights. Anybody know how the ratings went?

All of these were also being shown on Nickelodeon. Looney Tunes on Nick at Nite must have had some good ratings if it was on for four years (almost as long as a sitcom successful enough to enter syndication) before limiting its showing to regular Nickelodeon (I also wonder if getting more of the Looney Tunes shorts that the general public likes as well as showing less of the black and white shorts have anything to do with that).

Meanwhile, the period of showing Rugrats and Peanuts specials on Nick at Nite was very brief. Could they have thought of cartoons, even those with plenty of adult appeal, as being too "for kids" to really show on Nick at Nite (though even then, it was only once a week)?

I don't know if anybody here knows the answer, but it is something to think about.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After seeing promos for the Rugrats reboot . . . wow . . . maybe it's because I haven't heard E.G. Daily's voice in a while, but Tommy really does sound like an old lady trying to sound like a boy now. But at least they've brought back most of the original voice cast (with some obvious exceptions of course).