Old Nickelodeon

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True, but I mean, what a cop out! They hype up this reboot movie as being a direct follow-up to the original series (much like they did with the Jungle Movie), and after it being in Development **** all this time, it's like, "Ehh, just dump it on Netflix."

datman24

Reaction score
I’m just happy that it’s finally being released, period. Yeah, it’s a shame that today’s kids will not get to discover ‘Rocko,’ but maybe it’s for the better.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I miss the old Nickelodeon too, especially the old bumpers. Aren't you glad you got your Nickelodeon. I also miss the old programing.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I miss the old Nickelodeon too, especially the old bumpers. Aren't you glad you got your Nickelodeon. I also miss the old programing.
Yes! I do miss but just glad there are people like us who collect old recordings and also do trades, so I'm able to re-live my childhood to adulthood.

datman24

Reaction score
Not sure if this would be defined as "Old Nickelodeon," but I can't find any other fitting threads to post this in. There was an episode of The Fairly Odd Parents where Timmy Turner tries to make his own movie, and in the episode, there was a character named Sylvester Calzone (an obvious parody of Sylvester Stallone) who would pop up here and there. During the episode, while the main character is trying to shoot a more professional film, he wishes himself in Roman times, where gets Sylvester Calzone to fight off a lion in an arena. When I first saw this, the first thing that crossed my mind was Stallone's appearance on The Muppet Show where he also fights off a lion in an arena set in Roman times. I don't know if anyone else here has watched that episode, but is it possible that that may have been reference to that, or am I thinking too much into this?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Not sure if this would be defined as "Old Nickelodeon," but I can't find any other fitting threads to post this in. There was an episode of The Fairly Odd Parents where Timmy Turner tries to make his own movie, and in the episode, there was a character named Sylvester Calzone (an obvious parody of Sylvester Stallone) who would pop up here and there. During the episode, while the main character is trying to shoot a more professional film, he wishes himself in Roman times, where gets Sylvester Calzone to fight off a lion in an arena. When I first saw this, the first thing that crossed my mind was Stallone's appearance on The Muppet Show where he also fights off a lion in an arena set in Roman times. I don't know if anyone else here has watched that episode, but is it possible that that may have been reference to that, or am I thinking too much into this?
Now that's a pretty neat little teed bit. I guess I haven't ever seen this episode but since I didn't watch much of it that would explain it. I think that could maybe be a reference to the Muppet Show episode but not sure. I would like to think that. Maybe we could get Butch Hartmen to answer that question. He has a YouTube Channel.

datman24

Reaction score
Now that's a pretty neat little teed bit. I guess I haven't ever seen this episode but since I didn't watch much of it that would explain it. I think that could maybe be a reference to the Muppet Show episode but not sure. I would like to think that. Maybe we could get Butch Hartmen to answer that question. He has a YouTube Channel.
That would be the logical thing to do, except I don’t trust a word that man says.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i dont think butch had any real creative input in any of his shows. he apparently was involved with season 3 of danny phantom, and that season kinda sucks. so he probably wouldnt know anyway. i doubt its an intentional reference. gladiator movies used to be really popular, and stallone is a very well known actor. seems logical to throw the two together. you never know though.