Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's an actual problem I've been having with YouTube for quite some time, and it always seems to happen totally at random: if I happen to watch a certain video at any point, then for some reason, everytime I try to access YouTube's homepage for the rest of the day, I'm instead automatically redirected to that particular video I watched earlier. In fact, today is this video:

It obviously clears up after I've cleaned out my cache and temporary internet files at the end of the day, and somehow, this particular problem is exclusive to Firefox; never have this problem in Chrome.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welp, that random empty block on the homepage is suddenly back again for some reason.

I'm going to assume that must be where they're placing an ad, and the reason I'm seeing a random empty block is because of my adblockers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently you can add emojis on YouTube now . . . I have no idea how that's even possible, I see nothing where you can add emojis to anything.

And now, Firefox has moved the Autoplay toggle to the actual video player itself, but Chrome still has it at the top of the recommended list on the right side of the page. Go figure.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Evidently, you can't comment on Topic videos anymore . . . not sure if that's due to COPPA or what, but I mean, some of those Topic videos, for whatever reason, seemed to be breeding grounds for bot spam in the comments sections.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, the official/legal uploads of songs and such on behalf of the artists? Not the uploads from fans or ordinary joes.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, sorry, I misread your comment. Those videos. Well, that sucks. But I mean, what can ya do at this point 🤷🏿‍♂️

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, YouTube has now confirmed comments have been turned off on Topic videos (or, as they apparently call them "Art Track" videos).