Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Already appealed. Just got to wait.
I'll go ahead and let you know - knowing YouTube, you may not get any results until literally the last minute.

Years ago I had to file a counter claim on a video after a police company made a claim on the free music I used, and I was informed that YouTube would review my counter claim before 30 days was over . . . sure enough, like the final hour of the 29th day, they finally accepted my counter and the copyright claim was dismissed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ironically, I once uploaded something that's actually public domain, but still got a copyright claim on it, and when I appealed, my appeal was rejected.

Any Del

Reaction score
Ironically, I once uploaded something that's actually public domain, but still got a copyright claim on it, and when I appealed, my appeal was rejected.
I had that same mindset when I sent my appeal to YT yesterday.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Do you know what it was and who took it down? You should check the copyright status. Sometimes companies can always reclaim something in the public domain.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It wasn't taken down, it just had a copyright claim put on it. It was a clip from one of many episodes of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW that, due to a clerical error, ended up in public domain, however CBS (which owns the show) is the one who put a copyright claim on it.