Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is it that now the current zeitgeist on YouTube is looking into the closets of talentless "celebrities"? Why do we want to see what celebrities that nobody has ever heard of before keep in their closets?

Any Del

Reaction score
Why is it that now the current zeitgeist on YouTube is looking into the closets of talentless "celebrities"? Why do we want to see what celebrities that nobody has ever heard of before keep in their closets?
Closet fetish.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube used to have some kind of a bug/glitch that was actually good to exploit, because it was the closest thing that came to having the ability to manually sort all of our uploads on our channel (I'm not talking about created playlists, I mean our entire uploads): basically, if you changed a video's view settings to private for a little while (a few days) then go back and change the settings back to public, YouTube would treat this as if it's a new upload, so it would reappear on your channel as if it's your most recent upload (even if it's an older video, or if you've uploaded more videos since then).

So I tried exploiting it again over the weekend, hoping to manually sort the way all of my uploads appear on my channel, given I recently re-uploaded better quality versions of waaay older videos (from 2007-2009), but I don't want them to be the first things people see when they browse through my uploads . . . but unfortunately, it appears YouTube has actually fixed this bug/glitch, because all of my videos have reappeared on my channel in the exact same order as before.

Of all of the bugs and glitches YouTube should and need to fix, this one they actually do? This really bites. I'm guessing it may have something to do with the new scheduled setting they recently introduced, where if you upload a new video, but schedule a date and time for it to go public, that video will remain private until that date and time, and even if you upload other videos after that, it will still show the scheduled video as your most recent upload.

:sigh: YouTube needs to include an option to where we can manually sort our uploads like we can in created playlists.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Learned something new from John R. Dilworth today: apparently you have to pay YouTube $200-300 a month to have paid content on your channel . . . I'm not talking about monetization in the sense that commercials are put on your video, but rather people can't access your video at all unless they pay to stream it. In his case, he had a raunchy short film on his channel that was only 49 cents per view, but he apparently was having shell out $200-300 a month to keep it on his channel at all.

As I've said before, they're way too greedy with their pieces of our pies! As much money as they make off of its partners and such, they certainly could afford to be a little more lenient with the content creators and such!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I notice that Facebook no longer shows you how many friends other people have, which is actually a bad thing, because if I get friend requests from people I don't know, seeing the number of friends they have is actually a good little red flag that the friend request isn't legit. Most of the time I get friend requests from other puppeteers or puppetry enthusiasts wanting to network, and that's fine and all, but when I get friend requests from people whom I see have literally thousands of people on their friends list . . . yeah, something ain't quite right about that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube's gone back to shrinking the player size on some videos for whatever reason, but it's quite an annoyance having to zoom the page to 110% to watch certain videos at a reasonable size.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I found somebody impersonating Steve D'Monster and posting poor quality reuploads of his videos.

I've not only reported the channel for impersonation, but I've also filed copyright claims on each of the videos that have been reuploaded by the imposter.

Now watch: YouTube will probably deny my claims and claim they find no evidence of copyright infringement, or they feel the information I have provided to them is inaccurate, because, well, there's at least one other example of somebody reuploading an older Steve video in the past - without my permission/consent - and my copyright claim was rejected.

EDIT: Whoa! YouTube actually came through for me! And on the same day no less! I have to admit, it feels a little surreal to actually see this:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For whatever reason, all week long, YouTube is having trouble loading thumbnails, and it doesn't matter what browser you use, whenever you bring up the home page, it takes several seconds for the thumbnails to actually appear after everything else on the page has loaded.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Every once in a while I'll receive an email from Facebook notifying me of an incoming friend request - usually from somebody who's a mutual friend of somebody I'm friends with - but once I log onto Facebook, there is no such incoming friend request . . . I wonder if it's either because that person retracted the request between the time I received the email and actually logged onto Facebook to accept it, or if it was a spambot that Facebook filtered out or something.