Now what's going on with YouTube?

Any Del

Reaction score
In case no-one's mentioned, YT now has this "Hate-Speech" policy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been noticing for the past few months or so that YouTube has suddenly made it harder to try to find those auto-generated "Topic" videos of songs by artists for whatever reason . . . like if you search for a song by an artist, the auto-generated "Topic" video of that song won't appear in the search results anymore, but if you go to other videos - like if the official music video of the song is uploaded on the artist's channel, you might see it in the recommended on the right.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I've been noticing for the past few months or so that YouTube has suddenly made it harder to try to find those auto-generated "Topic" videos of songs by artists for whatever reason . . . like if you search for a song by an artist, the auto-generated "Topic" video of that song won't appear in the search results anymore, but if you go to other videos - like if the official music video of the song is uploaded on the artist's channel, you might see it in the recommended on the right.
I wonder why those "Topic" channels even came about... were they just trying to contribute to the death of iTunes?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe. YouTube can't seem to make up its mind what it wants to be: a video-sharing site, a social media platform, a streaming service, an alternative to cable/satellite, a music server. . . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, there's a strong possibility that YouTube is automatically unsubscribing users from channels they've subscribed to if said channel hasn't been active (as in uploaded any new content) after X-amount of time - this could actually explain why subscriber numbers seem to keep fluxuating all the time, but people have also been mentioning they're finding themselves having to keep re-subscribing to channels they had already subscribed to.

Apparently, YouTube is becoming more and more adament about regular content - like I think they only consider a channel "active" if there's a new upload on a weekly basis. So that's really not fair to channels who can't maintain such activity, like mine.

Any Del

Reaction score
Apparently one of my Sesame Street uploads got taken down due to it violating YT Community Guidelines.... :rolleyes:

Dumbass YouTube! :rolleyes: