None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I will however say this, I’m not a fan of January and I find this month to be a bit of a drag. Maybe it could just be because this is known to be the most depressing month but I’m not sure. It doesn’t exactly help that February rolls around and I really don’t like that month either.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know January is a hard month. It’s cold and dark, the holidays are over, kids have to go back to school, etc.
But every day we get a little closer to spring.
The rebirth of the earth and seeing things turn green again tends to brighten people’s mood.

You take it one day a a time, like everybody else. You can’t hold your breath until March.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So my apartment lately has been feeling warm..... very warm. Like almost like I’m in a sauna.

And to be honest I really hate it. Like I have my air conditioner turned on right now because I have been feeling very hot and sweaty. I can’t even control the temperature in my thermostat. I basically have to suffer with how my apartment chooses its temperature.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
From the sounds of it, you live in an old, delapidated apartment with inadequate heating/air.

I once lived in such an apartment that I ended up having to invest in a $400 portable air conditioner (because the management disallowed window units). I remember when I first installed it, its thermostat read my room temperature as being 83 degrees!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It’s definitely a very old apartment. Honestly shame on this apartment for even existing. That’s how much I have just now grown to dislike it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s definitely a very old apartment. Honestly shame on this apartment for even existing. That’s how much I have just now grown to dislike it.
There might be a way around it. If the heating/AC is so outdated, you can report to your town’s building inspector. He might force the landlord to make improvements.
The only downside is, he can also condemn the place and you’d have to leave. Unfortunately, you won’t get any security deposit back.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah..... it’s not worth it to be honest. I’ve just come to the conclusion that I pretty much have to put up with whatever I can’t control in this place. I mean, already bad enough this complex isn’t exactly big to begin with and yet here I am having to pay a ridiculous amount of money to live here! You don’t get what you pay for with this place at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welp . . . couple of days of above-average spring-like weather again . . . not that I'm looking forward to that, but I will say, so far, the winter season hasn't been entirely considerably above average like they were predicting, which has been something of a relief, as it seems like whenever they predict above-average conditions, they're always right, while whenever they predict below-average conditions, they're always wrong.

Of course, we still have February to contend with, and unfortunately, ever since Climate Change has become an even bigger problem, February has become one of our more inconsistent months anymore . . . I'm hoping that won't be the case again this year, but we'll have to wait and see.