Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
The Gonzo head is looking good :smile:.

I do hope Animal will be dressed in his classic vest and brown leather pants from his Muppet show days :halo:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
btw i HOPE animal's teeth will be made out of plastic and NOT fome like in thos pics! :smirk: and i PLAN on buyin BOTH of these once we can! :smile:

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well I feel that I should respond to your comments and questions so here we go.

Hi Wes,

Hey, you have every right to voice your concerns and it could be the way the picture was taken and no need to be sorry. Oh you can call me Terry, The Mr. part makes me feel old. Thanks for the letter.

Thanks Kevin the Frog and Luke, Tuesday I’ll be starting work on my second Animal and there are a lot of changes that I want to make on him. Also a big thanks to you too for your support Vanderdentist AKA Dave.

Hey there Muppetperson, Ok lets see if I can answer this as best as I can. The Gonzo that you guys saw from the first pictures that Kevin Eslinger posted way back there was my first completed Gonzo. At that time we could not find any fur that matched the original Gonzo. So I did what I could with what I had Once he was finished and sent to master Replicas I started building the second Gonzo.

I had to stop in the middle of him because we didn’t have the right fur yet. So I was told to work on the first Animal puppet. Just as I was almost finished building Animal Mike Moore found some fur that matched the original Gonzo. Then I got a call from Kevin wanting to know if I would have Gonzo done in time to go to the convention with Animal. Panic time!!!!!!!!! I told Kevin that I would only be able to have the head done in time. So that’s why you see a bodiless Gonzo in the con pictures.

I almost forgot to answer your second question, when I build the prototype posers I am using 100% the original materials for everything but don’t worry Master Replicas will be finding materials that will still look like the real stuff but last longer for the posers that they will be selling to you guys. This should also answer Mickey Muppet’s question too.

For Muppetdanny I do believe that Master replicas will have Animals original Vest and brown leather pants from the Muppet Show days

Ok gang I think that’s it for now. Take care to you all

Terry Angus

King Prawn

Reaction score
Yes I love that :halo:will come in his vest and brown leather pants from the Muppet Show days

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Antici...................Pation

Terry,
Just a few hundred questions :big_grin: - I can't wait to get these.

Are you building in the eye lid mechanics for Gonzo and Animal when you make the prototypes?

Secondly, In your opinion do you think that The Muppet Show Garb is the best way to go? I mean, I think I like Gonzo's Modern look the best with the Chili pepper shirt, Tan Pants and Black and white shoes. Where as I also would like to have options like his Plumber Outfit and his Stunt Suit - The Purple Tux seems a little too boring. As for Animal, I dig the vest but will be looking for options as well. Do you think there is a market for alternate clothing?

Will Gonzo's head removable on the MR version? - I mean that would be great for cleaning outfit change.

Will the rest of your prototypes be wire framed or will they have a more Erector-set skeleton for durability?

How long are you dying the Antron Fleece for to get that color for Animal?

I have a ton more questions... but I guess I will just send you an email..

Thanks - And as always you are doing awesome stuff:smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
btw i HOPE animal's teeth will be made out of plastic and NOT fome like in thos pics! :smirk: and i PLAN on buyin BOTH of these once we can! :smile:
Animal's teeth are foam on the puppet.

rexcrk

Reaction score
These prototypes look awesome, so that means the final versions will look absolutely AMAZING! :big_grin:

I'm hoping Animal looks more like his older self than the newer one. I have to posters side-by-side in my room across from my bed (AKA when I'm lying in bed I can look right at the posters) and one has like ALL the characters but most of the Muppets are the modern versions and the other one has a lot less of the Muppets but they're older. I love comparing the two and most of the older puppets look better than the more modern ones, especially Animal! :halo:

I'm very excited about both of these!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
:halo: looks ok... he just NEEDS a little more feathers and :concern: Gonzo is lookin' great. and ALSO I NEED to buy one of thos Jack Skellington figs, been hittin to ma and pa that i WANT that, she sayed thay planned on gettin Kermit for me for xmas but they seen i already bought it! so MAYBE Jack will replace that :big_grin:
Oooo...They make Jack ones? *drools*

*looks at puddle on floor* Someone get a mop!

Anyway, Gonzo looks pretty good, but something is weird about it, besides not having a body. Animal is...er...riiiiight. Lets see how they turn out.
(Can y6ou get me a piccy of Jack? Pweeze? *puppy dog eyes*

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
those look great!! wow I said that I allready love the gonzo but man I love the animal also...I'm still not that keen on kermit.. *shruggs*

Status
Not open for further replies.