New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
WHAT? I love Pepe! Although, I'd rather see some older characters like Robin, Rizzo, or Bean get more screen time as opposed to him.
Same I don't mind Pepe but would rather see other characters like Robin and Rizzo get more time also do they still use Bean I haven't seen him in a while

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i love pepe just give him a small scene or two like he had in The Muppets with him flirting with a celebrity or cracking a joke or two with rizzo and ill be fine :smile:

and didnt steve say once that rizzo and bean strain his voice or something or hurt his throat

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
i love pepe just give him a small scene or two like he had in The Muppets with him flirting with a celebrity or cracking a joke or two with rizzo and ill be fine :smile:

and didnt steve say once that rizzo and bean strain his voice or something or hurt his throat
I don't recall hearing that. Though I do remember Steve saying that as his own voice has changed over the years, he isn't able to get his voice quite as high as he used to for characters like Mew the toy mouse.

cjd874

Reaction score
I hope to see more of Robin, Pepe , Lips in the new film and wouldn't mind seeing Clifford, Johnny Fiama and Sal again :smile:
Yes, I'd love to see Robin have some speaking roles, as well as Pepe and Lips. Matt, Bill & Steve are still going strong today...but here's my question to you. How available would Brian Henson and *especially* Kevin Clash be? With the KC allegations, I doubt he'll be doing any puppeteering any time soon. And Brian hasn't been involved heavily as a puppeteer in any recent Muppet productions, to my knowledge. Most of the Muppets Tonight cast has been phased out of recent productions, with the exception of Pepe.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Dreadful news.

Yeah, Robin and Bean are good choices. I'm hoping Link Hogthrob has a speaking role as well.
I've got to agree.

Walter is a plot device, not a character. He has none of the depth or personality that the other Muppets have.

Regardless, I'm happy they're doing a sequel.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Walter is a plot device, not a character. He has none of the depth or personality that the other Muppets have.
I have to agree. Plus I mean he's basically Scooter all over again which isn't fair to the actual Scooter.

cjd874

Reaction score
I have to agree. Plus I mean he's basically Scooter all over again which isn't fair to the actual Scooter.
As much as Walter was a plot device and not a character, I hope you're not saying that Scooter has been a plot device for thirty five years.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As much as Walter was a plot device and not a character, I hope you're not saying that Scooter has been a plot device for thirty five years.
Oh no, actually I was afraid it would come out that way. What I'm saying is Walter's a redundant character because Scooter already filled the role of eager, innocent apprentice to the Muppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.