1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    Our forum upgrade is on schedule for Saturday May 25 at 9 am central, 10 am eastern. The forum will be off-line for a minimum of eight hours.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Wow some Interesting shots in these TV Spots, in the Muppets Confusing Plot one the scene's with Beauregard, Happy Yellow Creature and Constantine, Crazy Harry with the Band. Also lots of scenes in the More Muppets Spot Look Interesting Too.

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Its almost time for us to start seeing 4 or 5 clips from the film and hearing previews of each song on the soundtrack soon! 28 more days full of anxious and excitement

sofiasaldanha likes this.
  3. muppzd

muppzd Well-Known Member

Swedish Chef wearing a black chef's hat make me think that either the Muppets are at a funeral or they are indeed at Kermit and Piggy's wedding and Piggy just forced him not to wear white

4. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

DrDientes and Bridget like this.
  5. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's better, seeing the Happy Yellow Creature in these commercials, or the fact that people actually recognize him. There are quite a few YouTube comments about his appearance, calling him various names because he was never given an official one.

Although, I think I found the funniest variation on his name yet.

Someone called him the "Happy Laser Lemon Creature" in one of the comments. :laugh:

6. Duke Remington

Also, one of the comments on that trailer also said that the Flying Zucchini Brothers are being shot out of the cannons on both sides of the screen in the first clip.

galagr, DrDientes and Beauregard like this.
  7. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Hmm. It certainly looks like the Flying Zucchini Brothers. But, it is hard to tell, after all, they are being shot out of cannons! I'd love to see the Flying Zucchini Brothers again, and they certainly fit the "worldwide" theme this movie is going for (with being Italian and all)

Duke Remington likes this.
  8. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Well-Known Member

The Zucchini Brothers?!?! that's awesome!

9. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Wait, never mind, it wasn't 1989, but I don't think it was as early as '85. In Jim Henson: The Biography it said Jim began talking about it when MFC was made in 1987.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  10. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I haven't read through all of the biography yet. This was based on old information before the biography was released.

11. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Well-Known Member

First time that I saw/heard that interview- did you hear the part where Kermit says that there's a image of what an offspring of theirs could look like during Piggy's song?!! That's kind of epic..I'm literally dying to see this movie, thank god I'm seeing it in NYC in three weeks or I'll lose my mind waiting. :)

Mo Frackle and muppetlover123 like this.
  12. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, that was kind of inappropriate. But I had to do it!

jvcarroll and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  13. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

14. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

ploobis and Duke Remington like this.
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Wow, Gloat. That's awesome.

Also, Movie Surfers is still a thing?

16. Duke Remington

Angel Marie is in there too.

And judging by Gloat's outfit, I suppose he's going to be a prisoner at the gulag, in addition to Calico, further fulfilling my wish to see a mix of both Muppet and human prisoners in the gulag, especially if it means bringing even more obscure characters back.

I wonder if characters like Boppity, Lenny the Lizard, Mean Mama, Gorgon Heap, etc. will be among the gulag prisoners as well...

I'm also going to guess that Angel Marie will be a prisoner as well.

17. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

That would explain why we haven't seen these Muppets in a long time. They've been in prison!

It's Gloat! And he's wearing a prisoner outfit! And he's texting! And...Gloat!

Yeah, Angel Marie is there too but...Gloat!

It seems with every little clip they release I get even more excited for the movie. Just 29 days! 696 hours! 41,760 minutes! 2,505,600 seconds!

18. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

SO MANY OBSCURE CHARACTERS!!!

19. Duke Remington

I'm starting to wonder if the reason why certain characters got excluded from The Muppets Character Encyclopedia is because the ones that were left out or went unmentioned are ones that we probably won't see in the movie.

20. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure about that. Spamela, Droop, and Captain Pighead are shown in the wedding scene, and they weren't in the character encyclopedia. Also, 80's Robot, who we know has at least a small presence in a few scenes, wasn't in the encyclopedia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.