1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    Our forum upgrade is on schedule for Saturday May 25 at 9 am central, 10 am eastern. The forum will be off-line for a minimum of eight hours.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muppzd

muppzd Well-Known Member

^plus Calico is one of the gulag prisoners but he's not in the encyclopedia and I highly doubt that Spa'am or Clueless Morgan will be in the movie but they're in the book

muppetlover123 and galagr like this.
  2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Seriously, Constantine should become a regular Muppet.

muppetlover123 and galagr like this.
  4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow that is such a hilarious video! Thanks for sharing!

I couldnt agree more. I feel like he could have fun causing "harmless" violence to some obscure muppets and penguins and chickens. And come on, an evil criminal that would be so fun having Kermit and the gang always catch him doing something. And Matt Vogel would have so much fun with it becoming a reoccurring role!

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Or he could be redeemed and become a friend to the rest of the Muppets.

6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

They're logistically not going to keep a character who looks exactly like Kermit.

7. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Agreed. Casual fans already have a hard time telling the difference between Kermit and Robin. Adding a character specifically designed to look like Kermit would just add to the confusion.

I also don't think they'll be friends with Constantine in the end. Don't get me wrong, Constantine is a great character, but, well, if he ended up good in the end, the ending would be a little like this:

Kermit: "Hey guys! You know that frog that stole my identity, almost destroyed the Muppets, and nearly killed us all? It's okay! We're friends now! He can be part of the show! His knack can be juggling."

8. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Ok, this had me in stitches…. :laugh:

galagr and SkeetScootSquat like this.
  9. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

I don't know if Constantine would work as a regular (his shtick could get old pretty fast), although I could see him making future cameo appearances. Maybe I'll change my mind after I see the movie.

That being said, I like what Matt Vogel's doing with him in short blasts like the Valentine's Day video ("I have regret") and the Movie Surfers interview. He's mining a likeable-villain vibe that has a little more depth than the basic (and thin) concept of Evil Russian Kermit.

Whether that holds up over the course of a 100-minute movie is entirely another thing...but then, we'll see that in another 23 days, won't we... :) :) :)

10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That actually makes more sense than just not keeping him around as a villain.

But then again, that depends on what the heck they plan to do with the characters after this movie. Constantine is a choice character if they were to continue making internet exclusive content. He'd be a fun recurring character for a show if he was confined to his own segment like Clueless Morgan and Polly Lobster's bit in MT. But another movie or a regular on a TV show? I'd sort of agree it's all in execution. I don't see him really ascending to Walter like status, but it's early yet.

But darned if I don't wanna see more Constantine after the film. There's only been previews and commercials, and he's already stealing the show for me.

Duke Remington and DrDientes like this.
  11. muppetlover123

12. sofiasaldanha

sofiasaldanha Well-Known Member

13. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Well-Known Member

I spied a lot of classic muppets in that sequel song there. Like Uncle Deadly who is a pleasant surprise and a couple of others but i won't spoil. However it was definitely made before they changed the name of the movie.

14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I vowed I wouldn't watch or listen to the music before I see it.

I'm THIS close to breaking it.

Otherwise, I will explode.

15. muppetlover123

Yeah they defently are killing the music so far! This is going to be a Muppet classic in history nice job Brett!

DrDientes and Duke Remington like this.
  16. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

So far, I love the song, but the melody does sound kind of familiar. It is kind of a omage of "Hey! A Movie" from the GMC. I cannot wait to see the movie. Muppets not just from London, but touring to Paris, France, Moscow, etc.

17. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The book also has the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future, who I doubt will return for anything again. Also the Cratchet children, and the Sam and Friends cast.

18. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Well-Known Member

WOW!!!! that song was great!!!!! :)

sofiasaldanha likes this.
  19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I didn't really see any similarities to "Hey a Movie" in that. The only similarites I noticed were Kermit suddenly being in an outfit and a cameo by the bad guy.

20. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I'll be honest. When I first heard the song, I wasn't too sure of it. It just didn't sound right to me. But, after a few more listenings (I'm sure all of us have watched it several times by now), it started to grow on me. Then I actually paid more attention to what was IN the video and I was shocked. A few things:

Man, Lips is getting a lot more attention than I thought. In nearly every scene (besides the interrogation scene) that the Electric Mayhem is in, Lips is there too. Steve must be really confident with the character now!

Scooter and Rowlf both get lines in the beginning and almost top billing in the number itself. Amazing.

The scene with the flamingo's really intrigued me. They look like fun characters, and an interesting use of puppetry. Can't wait to see the new acts in MMW.

Andy and Randy! The Flying Zucchini Brothers! It seems like every time they release a new clip, another character is added to the roster! By my count, these are all the characters that are in this film that weren't in the last:

Annie Sue, Mildred Huxtetter, Captain Pighead, Howard Tubman, Spamela Hamderson, Calico, Gloat, Angel Marie, Foo-Foo, The Flying Zucchini Brothers, Andy, Randy, Croaker, and the Happy Yellow Creature.

Holy Cow! That's 14 characters, just from the trailers! The cast in this movie is going to be massive.

And, we get another shot of that strange clip where all the Muppets are stuck to a wall. Urgh! That clip gets me so curious. Why are they stuck to a wall? Why is Fozzie so big? Is that Brewster, or just another prisoner? How does Piggy manage to look so fabulous while stuck to a wall? Seriously, loving all the different outfits she's getting.

I NEED TO KNOW, DANG IT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.