New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
5 Days 'till the movie starts filming! :smile:

We still don't even know what it's about and if Tina Fey is signed on yet!
Does anyone know what kind of role Ricky Gervais will be playing? (You think he'll be playing himself in the movie?)

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Oh man... We have to wait over a year for the sequel to be released?

HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD???? :eek:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Considering there was a 12 year wait between MFS and the last one, this isn't much of a crimp.
It's an odd release date, I would assume Disney would want it to come out around President's Day weekend or around Easter but a March release will do this movie good, much less competition. I can wait for Disney to deliver a quality product.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I agree. Sometimes, patience can give you the best quality of things. And besides, I think I already know what the first thing on my Spring agenda for my senior year next year might be............:fanatic:
By the way, here's a link of upcoming Disney movie release dates (which ALSO includes The Muppets 2 (Or...."The Muppets.....Again"......or.....whatever it's called. :stick_out_tongue: )
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98851

Notes:
*Good thing they moved "Maleficent" to July 2. I guess Disney didn't want any competition between that and "The Muppets 2"
*I'm sad that the Little Mermaid 3D re-release is cancelled. Waaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! :cry:

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I want to see a really good quality Muppet film. If that means I have to wait 1 more year, then so be it :big_grin:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Notes:
*Good thing they moved "Maleficent" to July 2. I guess Disney didn't want any competition between that and "The Muppets 2"
*I'm sad that the Little Mermaid 3D re-release is cancelled. Waaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! :cry:
Given that all of Disney's 3D re-releases tanked big-time last year, I'm not too surprised.

But hey, Brad Bird has a new movie next year! :super:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well, that kind of bites. The Muppets already have so much Christmastime media that plays for free on TV or on pay cable every year so maybe a spring release date is best. In fact, those syndicated broadcasts LTS and VMX can be accompanied by commercials for the new movie. Personally, I would have bumped "Saving Mr. Banks" to next year in order to make way for the Muppets. They're a bigger box office draw than Tom Hanks these days. This is what it is, so I'll move on.

For the time being "The Muppets... Again" will be positioned between Dreamworks' "Me and My Shadow" one week before it and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" two weeks after. So far, March 21, 2014 is a healthy slot without much competition. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long.

One thing we know. This is definitely not being rushed! :fanatic:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Personally, I would have bumped "Saving Mr. Banks" to next year in order to make way for the Muppets. They're a bigger box office draw than Tom Hanks these days. This is what it is, so I'll move on.
Well, I think there's one big reason why Saving Mr. Banks is going to be out for Christmas instead. And it has something to do with this guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.