New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, that was exactly it! :smile:
SO! My theory is that if they take out a Human arc (Both Gary and Mary had stories relating to their personal issues) then there will be space for a few more Muppet arcs!

Bea:zany:{Unlike the Muppet Ark which was in MFS}regard

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Actually, Nick Stoller said they are planning to have a bigger role for Robin, Bean Bunny, and Rizzo in the next movie, but couldn't in The Muppets, because it would affect the plot.
I haven't heard that one...I personally would love to see Robin and Rizzo in the next film. No offense to Bean Bunny fans out there but I could take him or leave him.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Ha! That's what came to mind when you said Arc! :smile:
Can you give us a source of where you heard this? Because the only news I've heard is is it's gonna shift back to Kermit and Piggy. And obviously Walter is gonna have a predominant role. That was the last news Nick Stoller released at least that I know of.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Um, I saw it on Muppet Wiki, and the source was from an interview with Stoller. So, hopefully this is going to happen! :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Um, I saw it on Muppet Wiki, and the source was from an interview with Stoller. So, hopefully this is going to happen! :smile:
It doesn't say they'll be in the next movie for sure. It said they tried to get characters like them in this one, but there were already too many to deal with. The interview never says Rizzo, Robin and Bean will be getting bigger roles this go round; that predates the dal to write the second one.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
We know next to nothing about this new movie.
  • It's some sort of caper
  • It's a continuation of the characters while not technically a sequel
  • Piggy and Kermit's relationship, like most Muppet films, will be a part of this one
  • The same writer (without Segel) and director are on board
  • Jason Segel isn't planning a return in any capacity
  • Some new Muppet characters will be created and included in some form
  • Walter will return as one of the main cast members
That really isn't much to go on. It's all really conjecture of conjecture at this point. We'll probably get more Pepe, Robin, Rizzo and Mayhem this time out because fans seem to want that, but who knows. It's anyone's guess. Disney is notoriously tight-lipped concerning their projects. Even more since Crest Animation swiped Pixar's "Newt" blueprint to make their second-rate "Alpha and Omega" hack job. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear a peep until they start shooting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney's tight lipped, sure... but I'd be surprised if they even had a rough idea of what the story is at this point. They only started working on it not even a month ago.

Even more since Crest Animation swiped Pixar's "Newt" blueprint to make their second-rate "Alpha and Omega" hack job. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear a peep until they start shooting.
That never stopped them before... especially with Dreamworks and Antz. Still, Alpha Omega is two crimes. Stopping a Pixar movie with limitless potential AND being Aplha Omega.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If the movie's great, fantastic, I'll get behind it! If it's not, that's fine and understandable. You know the old saying about Hollywood devouring its young; well it does the same to beloved franchises. It runs them into the ground until they can't go anymore, but makes them continue on anyway. Then inevitably the franchise gets ridiculed by the studios, critics and the public for the crime of not delivering the same level of quality. Well you wouldn't either if you were being driven so hard.

Again if the movie turns out well I'll be happy. But if not I'll understand. You can't force someone to catch lighting in a bottle. If you could then every movie that was ever made would be the best. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.