New movies coming out...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Sam is my favorite, too. He's such a loyal, protective friend. He's just great. He's the real hero of the story. Not dumb ol' Frodo. lol

Erin, if you havent seen it yet, you're gonna love it.
I haven't!!!! :eek: But we just haven't had a long enough block of time yet when we all can go. Maybe we'll go on New Year's Eve when we get back from travelling. I'm sure I will love it! Yeah, I love Sam. I also really love Gandalf, Bilbo, and Gollum - three hobbits and a wizard. :stick_out_tongue: But Sam's the only one of the four only in Lord of the Rings and not The Hobbit, and I do think in the end he's the real hero.
Erin

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Waiting for opinions

Has anyone seen Peter Pan yet? Or Neve Campbell's new movie about the ballet company? I think it's called "The Company." Its in limited release, but it looks like it might be good for those of us interested in that type of thing...

Jennifer

Beauregard

Reaction score
I want to see PP, but I think that our leettle teeny cinema is only running LOTR for the next three monthes, or something stupid like that. Which means I won't be able to see Runaway Jury there. Ah, nuts.

Speaking of Nuts, I saw Ice Age the other day. It is sooo cool...hang on I'll pop over to another thread...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i saw paycheck this morning with my dad and it wasn't that good. i actually almost started to fall asleep halfway during the movie. so don't go see it.

i also rented hollywood homicide a few days ago and that possbily is one of the worst movies i have ever seen. a really dumb movie

ryan

electricmayhem

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
i also rented hollywood homicide a few days ago and that possbily is one of the worst movies i have ever seen. a really dumb movie
I was disappointed with that too. I think I fell asleep during it when I saw it :sleep:

I read a review of Cheaper by the Dozen today that said its not even like a remake of the old one because the story is completely different. It said that some good performances from Steve Martin, Bonnie Hunt, Tom Welling and Ashton Kutcher saved the okay plot. They also said Hillary Duff was annoying! Ha! :excited:

movielad

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
Has anyone seen Peter Pan yet? Or Neve Campbell's new movie about the ballet company? I think it's called "The Company." Its in limited release, but it looks like it might be good for those of us interested in that type of thing...
Saw Peter Pan yesterday and thought it was extremely good. However, given the recent coverage of Michael Jackson and the Soham trial (Ian Huntely, etc) there's something quite disturbing about a plot that involves children being kept against their will and being hurt. That said, it's all innocent fun and consequently it all ends well. It's a much darker film than I was expecting, and the VFX are extremely good indeed. Rate it 8 out of 10.

Regards,

Martyn

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
We saw Peter Pan the other day, and to be honest we weren't crazy about it. I thought it was pretty good, but there was something about the pace and a couple of the performances that felt a little "off" to me. Still, it's worth seeing. I think I've just been spoiled by the glory of Return of the King!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I am wanting to see this, but don't know if we'll get round to it, so I may have to wait for the DVD release...

Jennifer12

Reaction score
movielad said:
Saw Peter Pan yesterday and thought it was extremely good. However, given the recent coverage of Michael Jackson and the Soham trial (Ian Huntely, etc) there's something quite disturbing about a plot that involves children being kept against their will and being hurt.
Regards,

Martyn
Isn't it interesting how the news can color your impression of something that is supposed to be entertaining? A couple of years ago there was a ton of news coverage here about young women being kidnapped and/or murdered. At the same time the theater where I ushered had Phantom of the Opera up. As romantic as people think that musical is, I couldn't see the story of a man who kidnapps a woman, holds her hostage and murders people in the Opera house as romantic. It just didn't work for me, where as 10 years before when I first saw the show I thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Jen

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i suggest you all who did not like peter pan or who have already seen return of the king go see cold mountain. i saw it today and to be quite honest, i thought it was one of the best films of this year. that or return of the king. it's really that good. i came into the movie not knowing how this movie will turn out, but after 2 1/2 hours, it turned out to be a great movie. there's alot of scenes that are disturbing, but they did take place during the civil war. (you'll know these things once you see the movie.)

i'd probably give this movie 3 1/2 stars out of 4, possibly 4 stars. it's a fantastic movie that i recommend.

ryan