New movies coming out...

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I just got back from RotK and it's one of the most fantastic thing I've ever seen! I loved it soooo much! This is the first of the three that I've seen on opening day in a sold out theatre and it was so cool to have everyone clapping and cheering! Everything was so well done, everyone was excellent. Make sure you have plenty of kleenex if you're a crier! I learned the hard way and therefore had quite a damp sleeve. *sigh* Plain and simple it was absolutely excellent. I didn't want it to end despite the uncomfortable position I was forced to sit in due to spilled soda. :smile::excited:

And for the record, I'd definitely pick Aragorn, heehee. Although Legolas would be my first choice! And Merry and Pippin. And Erin, you'll love Sam in this one!

movielad

Reaction score
Have to wait until the weekend (assuming there's any space at any of the showings at my local cinema) before seeing ROTK - but eagerly awaiting to do so! It will also be the first time I've seen any of the triology at the cinema (the rest I've seen on DVD), so it'll be an important film for me!

Regards,

Martyn

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
And Erin, you'll love Sam in this one!
:big_grin: From what I hear, he really gets the heroic spotlight he deserves in this one. I'm not a crier at movies, but I think this movie may do me in. I came close a couple times in the first two.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
:big_grin: From what I hear, he really gets the heroic spotlight he deserves in this one. I'm not a crier at movies, but I think this movie may do me in. I came close a couple times in the first two.
Erin
Oh, the first two each got me at one point or another. That beautiful sequence in Two Towers when Elrond describes Arwen's future if she chooses Aragorn... :cry: And when Sam gave his really moving speech? :cry: And in Fellowship, when Sam ran into the water after Frodo? :cry: I'm sure this one will get me going too. Then again, there are episodes of the Simpsons that make me all misty too...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Oh, the first two each got me at one point or another. That beautiful sequence in Two Towers when Elrond describes Arwen's future if she chooses Aragorn... :cry: And when Sam gave his really moving speech? :cry: And in Fellowship, when Sam ran into the water after Frodo? :cry: I'm sure this one will get me going too. Then again, there are episodes of the Simpsons that make me all misty too...
Yes, those three scenes really got me too. Sam's shining moments definitely slay me. He's always been my favorite. Well, and Gandalf, but he operates on a rather different level. Gandalf is my dream mentor and Sam my dream companion. I've always identified myself with Bilbo. Anyway, back to the scenes... The thing with Elrond and Arwen surprised me a bit, because I don't recall thinking too much about the father-daughter relationship there. It's a side of Elrond you're not used to seeing. Hugo Weaving is such a perfect Elrond. I just love him. That scene was masterfully executed.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I think the music had a big effect too. When a movie has a powerful recurring musical theme, I find that a sweeping return to it at a crucial moment just turns me into Jello. In "Two Towers" it was that haunting theme, "In Dreams," I think. In "Ghost," there was that amazing orchestral version of "Unchained Melody" and the stage version of "Les Miserables," the repetition at the end of the "On My Own" tune. In all three instances I think the music had a major emotional effect on me.
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Music in movies has a HUGE effect on me too. Anything that just swells with the action generally sends shivers down my spine!

jediX

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
Music in movies has a HUGE effect on me too. Anything that just swells with the action generally sends shivers down my spine!
The song they added to the very end of the special edition Return of the Jedi gets me every single time :cry:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Yes, those three scenes really got me too. Sam's shining moments definitely slay me. He's always been my favorite.
Erin
Sam is my favorite, too. He's such a loyal, protective friend. He's just great. He's the real hero of the story. Not dumb ol' Frodo. lol

Erin, if you havent seen it yet, you're gonna love it.