New movies coming out...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
That's cool. Grading is sometimes the biggest pain of being a professor. My dad often has big lower-level courses, though, with 50 or so students, so all that grading gets to be awfully cumbersome.
That's what grad students like me are for! Actually, I grade for my own classes now, but there was a time when I was grading half of the work for a professor's class.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
erin,

he said since lee won't be appearing in the 3rd movie, he wanted fans of the movie to assume that since he's not in the movie, that lee died during the end of the 2nd movie. but jackson did say that there is 7 minutes of him that was cut from th e3rd film that will be in the dvd when it comes out next year sometime..

ryan
I've heard that there's some reference in the new film to him being powerless now, but that's about it.

Also, I hope it's not true that Christopher Lee is hardly in Episode 3 of Star Wars. I really liked the Count Dooku character in Episode 2.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nah, The Count is only going to have about ten minutes max, acourding to Super Shadow.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Nah, The Count is only going to have about ten minutes max, acourding to Super Shadow.
That's ten! Ten wonderful minutes! Ah ah ah ah!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I'm hoping that Faramir comes out better in this film, too. I always liked him in the book, but I didn't find him very likable in the second movie.
Erin

Haha! That's because they changed what happens with his scenes! That was the one thing I was mad about, that they made him look like a jerk. So hopefully he's redeemed in Rotk :smile:

And in case anyone's not convinced by the reviews, TT extended is AWESOME! I'm so excited now to see Rotk, I'm going tomorrow right after my last exam! Yay for Lotr and the end of the semester!! :excited:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I guess Liv Tyler was on Good Morning America today and was speaking in Elvish to Charlie. I missed it. :cry: Oh, well. I thought before I saw the first movie that I might be really irritated by Arwen's expanded role in the films, but it really doesn't bother me. And it's not like she's in there *that* much. Besides, I think Liv Tyler makes a wonderful Arwen. I still think she's foolish to pick Aragorn over immortality - and her father (that scene with Elrond in TT almost made me cry, and it looks like there's an even more emotional scene with him in RotK) - but I guess I'll forgive her. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
saw the lord of the rings return of the king today. great movie. better than the first two. 3 1/2 hours long but you wouldn't know it, not unless you have to go to the bathroom!....

ryan

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I still think she's foolish to pick Aragorn over immortality - and her father (that scene with Elrond in TT almost made me cry, and it looks like there's an even more emotional scene with him in RotK) - but I guess I'll forgive her. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Ooohhh, umm....Aragorn or immortality....hmm...that's a toughie. We all should be so lucky to have that type of decision to make! After all, he IS Aragorn, but then if one was immortal, there could be other Aragorns... many, many other handsome hero types...

Jennifer, dreaming about an immortality full of Aragorns

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i'm assuming aragorn is your prince charming, your knight in shining armor?....

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
Ooohhh, umm....Aragorn or immortality....hmm...that's a toughie. We all should be so lucky to have that type of decision to make! After all, he IS Aragorn, but then if one was immortal, there could be other Aragorns... many, many other handsome hero types...

Jennifer, dreaming about an immortality full of Aragorns
Aragorn's all right, but give me Sam any day! :flirt:
Erin