New movies coming out...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Actually, I'm sad to say, I haven't had the time to go through any of the special features yet. We barely had time for the whole movie--the end of the semester is always such a time-sapper. But I'll look forward to that when I get to look deeper into the hidden treasures of the Two Towers DVD!

Thanks for the heads-up!
Sure thing! :smile: I know what you mean about the end-of-semester craziness. And The Two Towers is a pretty hefty time investment in itself when you're in that finals crunch. My dad was lucky this year, he only had one class with six students in it, and their final was today. So he's done now! Yay! :smile:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Sure thing! :smile: I know what you mean about the end-of-semester craziness. And The Two Towers is a pretty hefty time investment in itself when you're in that finals crunch. My dad was lucky this year, he only had one class with six students in it, and their final was today. So he's done now! Yay! :smile:
Erin
Well, I have two classes, but each only has 10 students, and I finished grading their work this evening. Now I can catch up on other things, I hope.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Well, I have two classes, but each only has 10 students, and I finished grading their work this evening. Now I can catch up on other things, I hope.
That's cool. Grading is sometimes the biggest pain of being a professor. My dad often has big lower-level courses, though, with 50 or so students, so all that grading gets to be awfully cumbersome. (Whenever he has multiple choice, true and false, or other objective questions like that on his tests, I try to help him out by grading those pages for him.) Plus, most of the students in those classes don't really care that much about the course. When he teaches the higher-level courses the students usually bring a lot more passion and aptitude to the work.
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i heard that saruman (christopher lee's character) won't be in the third lord of the rings movie for some reason. anybody know why?....

ryan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cut for time. There's so much to cram into 210 minutes (3 1/2 hours). He'll be on the DVD. They somehow found closure for his character in the film. :concern:

jediX

Reaction score
On a semi-related note, from what I've heard, Count Dooku (also a Christopher Lee character) will hardly be in Episode 3 [I've heard only about 10 minutes or less].

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Cut for time. There's so much to cram into 210 minutes (3 1/2 hours). He'll be on the DVD. They somehow found closure for his character in the film. :concern:
yah, i did some research after i wrote that post last night and found out that lee's character had been cut from the movie. peter jackson, the director, said that since lee's character is not in the movie, that he died during the end of the 2nd movie when the talking tree's destroyed his command base.

anyway's thanks for the help jamie

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
yah, i did some research after i wrote that post last night and found out that lee's character had been cut from the movie. peter jackson, the director, said that since lee's character is not in the movie, that he died during the end of the 2nd movie when the talking tree's destroyed his command base.

anyway's thanks for the help jamie

ryan
Peter Jackson said that? Because I read that they had another seven-minute sequence concluding his story that would be in the ROTK DVD. Maybe, though, that alternate ending just involves him getting killed then, but his character still did have a rather important role following the attack on his fortress.
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
erin,

he said since lee won't be appearing in the 3rd movie, he wanted fans of the movie to assume that since he's not in the movie, that lee died during the end of the 2nd movie. but jackson did say that there is 7 minutes of him that was cut from th e3rd film that will be in the dvd when it comes out next year sometime..

ryan