New movies coming out...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nemo is now at nearly 320M and still in the top ten since its debut in May! Who bets it will pass the $329M Forrest Gump slot at number 8 All time Box Office take? It makes me happy when good movies are recognzed. This is certainly one of them. It already passed what the Lion King initially made in the theaters (they added the Imax reissue to the current total for King). Lion King is at $328M. I bet Nemo can do it! In the scheme of things it doesn't really matter because next years films will bump some of these guys down a peg anywaym but it's great while it lasts. :zany:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I saw Seabiscuit.

Great film, go see it. I wouldn't lie about a thing like this.

Or...would I? Hmmm...

:halo:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
don't mess with my brain!

I was predicting a while ago it would beat Lion King! ah hah!

ok that's enough I don't want my head to get any bigger :stick_out_tongue:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I dunno about beating out Lion King.
Well I guess it could the way it's going, but in my opition The Lion King is a better flim.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Are we talking by weekend viewers or overall money made? Lion King had more merchandise etc so that's why I doubted it would out-do LK; still, if nobody has seen this film GO SEE IT!! I loved it.

I just hope Toby gets pumped up more for any more SpiderMan flicks--even I could whoop him in the state he's in in Seabiscuit.

radionate

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Are we talking by weekend viewers or overall money made? Lion King had more merchandise etc so that's why I doubted it would out-do LK
Merchandising is a seperate deal. Retailers are shy about movie tie in merchandise anymore. They've gotten burned with Star Wars episode one, Pochontas, Jurassic Park, etc. etc. etc. That's why there isn't a lot of Nemo stuff out there. I've had a heck of a time seeing anything from the movie. They did the same thing with Toy Story and the Buzz Lightyear dolls. That's why there is a crack about the shortage of them in Toy Story 2. Nemo will never touch the Lion King in Merchandising totals.

The dollar amounts talked about are total box office (not just weekend grosses). It will pass Lion King within a week most likely. I'm sure it will pass Forest Gump as well. It's still plugging along, even though its down to a couple million a weekend. It will be the number one movie this year, and it stomped all over the Matrix (and I couldn't be happier).

Disney actually is the number one studio this summer with 2 huge hits, and a third one coming out next week (I think Freaky Friday will do big buisness). I'm glad that good fun films are finally making it big this year, and poo poo like The Matrix, T3, Tomb Raider, etc. all sunk faster then 10 ton anchor.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Freaky Friday will be a great movie! I bet Nate's $1.00 bill on it.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
Well I guess it could the way it's going, but in my opition The Lion King is a better flim.
I think both films are great, and both have brilliant animation. For me, "The Lion King" will probably always have the best opening sequence ever. When I first saw that on the previews, it just blew me away. It still does.
Erin

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Tomb Raider 2 didn't do so hot? I liked it, I don't consider it a Indian Jones as i've read in some reviews, the game is more Indian Jones style, but at least this video game basied movie isn't terrible like other video game type of movies have been.

I have still seen a lot of Nemo Merchandising from candy to dolls and other such things, but boy you do tend to see plies of that stuff at blockbuster video rentals stores, I think they STILL have some Jurassic Park candy things!!!!! well no, not really, but they did have them for as long time!

gees all that stuff is a waste of plastic, that's all we need now, Pepsi and other beverges are already stopping he use of can's and just using plasict bottles, Palisades uses more plastic on there packaging, and all the movie stuff that doesn't selll alll adds up! One day the whole world will be a big ball of plastic!!! :eek: :grouchy: :frown: :sympathy: