New movies coming out...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler, X-Men 2) has signed on to play the bad guy in the upcoming sequel to The Mask.

Alan Cumming, although he's made some bad career choices, is one of my favorite actors. His numero uno mistake, Spy Kids. But, all actors make their mistakes in their careers. Just glad it didn't screw up his. After all, he probably made alot of money off of Spy Kids.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I may be seeing A Mighty Wind tonight (as it just opened tonight down here), so if I do I'll post a report.

-Matt

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Sounds good.

Has anyone here seen X-Men 2 yet? I saw it on Sunday. It was pretty good. I'd say it's quite possibly better than the first. A few typical cliches for a sequel, but I'm not complaining. They worked.

I liked that they tied it in with the first one. And, it seems, they'll tie the third one in with this one. Of all the superheros movies that have come out recently, the X-Men ones (haven't seen Daredevil yet) are the ones I like. I liked Spiderman, but, it didn't seem to be... all that great. It was good, but I don't see what all the hype was about it. If Spiderman weren't a big thing already, I don't think the movie would have done well.

But, we'e not here to talk about Spiderman, are we?:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
X Men too was very good. I give it an A-. Could have been slightly tighter at the end, but nonetheless a great movie. Much better than the first. I always felt the first was lacking substance. It was just too short and simple. I guess introductions are always challenging.

I saw the Hulk preview and I'm still not sold on the computer graphics. I hope those are only rough renders and not the final scenes. I'll still see it no matter what. I enjoy seeing movies and am rarely angered at them. There's usually some sort of saving grace in them. It's funny because I usually point out more problems with the films I actually like a lot than those I didn't particularly care for. Hmm. :confused: :big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
saw x-men 2 last firday..good movie..better than the 1st one

i heard that halle berry only want to play storm in the next movie if they give her more money since she says shes an academy award winning actress..figures.. so i don't know if she'll be back for the 3rd

hugh jackman doesn't want to keep on playing wolverine so i think the 3rd one will be his last

other than that, thats all i know..

ryan

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
i heard that halle berry only want to play storm in the next movie if they give her more money since she says shes an academy award winning actress..figures.. so i don't know if she'll be back for the 3rd
That's SO dumb! I would never do that, I'd just be so happy to be able to be doing something as cool as making movies that I wouldn't need huge paychecks.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, in her defense she has to strike while the iron is hot. I can see her returning for a lesser role if there is a conflict. It leaves more room for other X-Men to emerge anyway. I found it peculiar how little Cyclopse appeared in this film. Still good. Nightcrawler was a fave of mine from the comic. I'm glad they included him.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I found it peculiar how little Cyclopse appeared in this film.
ya i know. that was the only thing i didn't like about the movie. he showed up at the beginning and at the end. as the team leader, you would think cyclopse would have a bigger part...

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
He may have originally had a larger part, but those scens may have been cut for time.

Originally posted by frogboy4
I saw the Hulk preview and I'm still not sold on the computer graphics.
Me neither. I'll still see it. It looks cool, but, the Hulk seems to move to smoothly. When he's standing still, he looks very realistic. I can believe he's real. But, they show him running around, hopping and stuff, he looks very fake. It seems he's too big to actually be able to do that sort of thing.

I think I would have based his speed and everything on King Kong. It may work better that way.

But, I'll just have to wait and see the finished product before I make any harsh accusations. :smile:

A few movies I'd like to strongly suggest never seeing (unless you have, and you liked them, in which case, ignore my advice) Going Bananas and The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai.