New movies coming out...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I so want to see Anchorman. Glad to hear it's really funny. Maybe next week I'll get the chance to go back out and see it.

We saw "The Stepford Wives," which I thought was funny. I thought the ending was a little weird, and there were a couple of plot elements that didn't make a ton of sense (I've heard that they were explained in earlier cuts, but test audiences didn't like them). Overall, though, it was a very entertaining movie.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I saw the Terminal the other night...it was good, but I think the writing could have been more...there were several jokes that would have been set up perfectly, but when the time came, nothing. Tom Hanks did a superb job, and his accent is excellent! I really believed he was from krakhosia (ooh oooh I bet I misspelled that one!)

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I saw King Arthur last night. It was everything I hoped it would be! I really liked the music, which is always a plus, and I really liked the characters. It was pretty gritty, but I didn't mind it most of the time. I also saw Harry Potter 3 finally...wish I wouldn't have. I hated it! But King Arthur was very good!

movielad

Reaction score
I'm hearing really good things said about The Anchorman - look forward to when it opens here in the UK.

Regards,

Martyn

Super Scooter

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I saw the Terminal the other night...it was good, but I think the writing could have been more...there were several jokes that would have been set up perfectly, but when the time came, nothing. Tom Hanks did a superb job, and his accent is excellent! I really believed he was from krakhosia (ooh oooh I bet I misspelled that one!)
Nope. You spelled it right. That's how it was in the movie.

I liked it too, it was really good, but I'm wondering what the point was. My brother was going on and on about it on the way home from the drive-in, trying to figure out what the point was.

Anyway, it was really good.

And I LOVED The Stepford Wives!

Oh, and, if you haven't seen Spiderman 2 yet.... why not? In my opinion, it's one of the best movies ever made.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Drum Eater said:
I saw King Arthur last night. It was everything I hoped it would be! I really liked the music, which is always a plus, and I really liked the characters. It was pretty gritty, but I didn't mind it most of the time.
I saw King Arthur on saturday with my dad, we're like another version of Siskel and Ebert, or Ebert and Roeper, take your pick. Anyway, my dad and I both agreed this was far better than what the critics were saying and is a lot better, more entertaining, interesting than Troy. Troy just had a lot of bad acting and characters I didn't care for. The characters in King Arthur I got to know and realized that even though they want to get out of their job, they stick together like a family of sorts.

The other movie I saw this past Friday was Anchorman. And yes it's a funny yet stupid as the previews make it out to be, which is good. The movie was a riot to watch. Wel lmaybe not a riot but funny!

*Next movie I'll be seeing, I Robot which I'll probably see come this saturday.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I didn't ever see Troy, and I'm glad I didn't from what I've heard. I enjoyed King Arthur very much, though, and I really did like the characters. I agree...it was awesome because even though they were VERY different they stuck together and kicked butt! :embarrassed:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Nope. You spelled it right. That's how it was in the movie.

I liked it too, it was really good, but I'm wondering what the point was. My brother was going on and on about it on the way home from the drive-in, trying to figure out what the point was.
I think it's one of those movies that doesn't really need that much of a point. So many of Spielberg's movies are so serious, this one was mostly light-hearted. I think it was poking fun at the airline system a bit. I thought Hanks' character was so likable. I think Spielberg just wanted to give us this incredibly sweet character who was always really helpful and never let anything get him down and was extremely devoted to his country and family. I'd love to be able to react the way he did to his trying situation.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I may see King Arthur on video sometime, but everything I've seen makes me think I probably wouldn't like it that much. I love Arthur, and it seems that he and the other characters are very different in this version, as well as the story surrounding them. It also looks like a pretty violent movie, though if I could handle Braveheart I'm sure I could handle that...
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
It also looks like a pretty violent movie
Actually it's not that violent at all. At one point, the movie was rated R, but Disney, who made the film, edited the movie to a PG-13 rating and cut out the violence. Kind of like what they did with the Alamo that came out in April.

Back to the Terminal, I'm glad Speilberg decided to go with something very light. I don't like it when directors shell out the same thing all the time. The movies they make maybe good, but they also need to try other things too. But I also did get lost at what the point was in the movie. So the guy's country was under new leadership that the United States didn't recognize, but leaving a guy in the airport for about a year was a pretty dumb/insane idea. After a few weeks, I would have just let the guy go out of the airport and let him do his buisness.

ryan