New movies coming out...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I-SAW-IT-I-SAW-IT-I-SAW-IT-I-SAW-IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: You know, my cousin saw it - our two families are both major Tolkien families, and my dad and her dad even used to write letters to each other as Gimli and I think Legolas - and she was disappointed. She didn't say why, and I'm interested to find out. My uncle, meanwhile, who was so psyched up about the movies in the beginning, refused to even see this one. We're really not sure why, but we sure hope he changes his mind! What can I say? The movie was an absolute triumph. It was perfect. What a conclusion to the most amazing film trilogy, one actually worthy of the book on which it was based... The Lord of the Rings is more than just a book to me. It's an integral part of who I am, and Peter Jackson managed to translate this world I've loved all my life onto the big screen, along with a huge team of immensely talented people. I was particularly happy with Pippin and Sam in this movie; if they skimped on Sam in "Fellowship," they made up for it here, and Pippin was absolutely wonderful as well. There were half a dozen points during the movie before the end when I cried or almost did, and I cried nonstop through the end of the movie starting at the moment when the other members of the fellowship go from cheering for the ring's destruction to realizing that Frodo and Sam are still up there... Just incredible. And I don't think the ending was too long at all. It was perfect, and absolutely beautiful. And to think they're adding another hour!!!! I can't wait...
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
OK. I liked it, but each to his own.

What about Love Actually? Has anyone seen that yet?
Wait, wait, wait, it was Down with Love that I saw, not Love Actually.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Just two words for anybody on this board looking to see an absolutely wonderful movie...

Big Fish!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Just two words for anybody on this board looking to see an absolutely wonderful movie...

Big Fish!
That looks like a really sweet movie. :halo:
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:

Big Fish!
i saw it a few days ago, it was a good movie. but some how, i liked cold mountain better. that and return ot the king

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
that and return ot the king

ryan
I don't think I'll ever find a movie that will outdo Lord of the Rings. And Return of the King would have to be my favorite of the three films. I also adored Fellowship, but that was the film about which I had the most complaints regarding their deviations from the book...
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I don't think I'll ever find a movie that will outdo Lord of the Rings.
have you seen cold mountain yet? that's a really good movie

ryan

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
That looks like a really sweet movie. :halo:
Erin
Yeah, it really was. It was offbeat and hilarious at times, and really emotional at others. Definitely worth seeing.

:smile: