New Chef Puppet

MWoO

Reaction score
BEAR said:
If he can do Oscar justice, great. Maybe if they get someone else to do Oscar it will open up more opportunities for BB and O to share scenes together. I don't if we even should be talking about it though. Spinney is still playing the Bird and there isn't anything saying he is leaving soon. Trying not to think about it. Carroll Spinney has basically been Sesame Streets symbol for over 30 years. I hope he stays for a while.
36 years, going on 37 and more. I hope Mr. Spinney makes it to yseason 40 before he retires, if he decideds to retire then that is. 40 is a nice number. 50 would be even better, but he would probably be in his late 80's by then. Might be a bit too much to get to season 50.

Matt is a really good replacement, but he does sound like he has a cold. The voice is not as crisp and clear and Mr. Spinney's.

BEAR

Reaction score
MWoO said:
36 years, going on 37 and more. I hope Mr. Spinney makes it to yseason 40 before he retires, if he decideds to retire then that is. 40 is a nice number. 50 would be even better, but he would probably be in his late 80's by then. Might be a bit too much to get to season 50.

Matt is a really good replacement, but he does sound like he has a cold. The voice is not as crisp and clear and Mr. Spinney's.

Oh, 40 would be amazing! Thats just a few more years more. He always said that he will keep going until he can't hold up the Bird's head anymore. That's understandable. Apparantly it has quite a weight to it. He is still doing Oscar though. Maybe if he needs to, he will retire from doing Big Bird, but continue doing Oscar for a while longer. It would be less strenuous. Anything to keep him with us longer.

MWoO

Reaction score
He will probably do voice loops for awhile if he can not do the work. Jerry Nelson is looping voices sometimes on Sesame Street.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Actually, this Chef isn't new at all, he's looked that way since The Muppets At Walt Disney World special.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Really? I feel something is off with the face. Like the angles of the eyebrows or it's thinner or something odd.

-Squigiman

BEAR

Reaction score
MWoO said:
He will probably do voice loops for awhile if he can not do the work. Jerry Nelson is looping voices sometimes on Sesame Street.
Is Jerry Nelson unable to work to the fullest ability. All he has is SS now anyway. He mainly just does the Count. He doesnt do the Jim Henson Muppets.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Is there a list of SS voice actors anywhere online? It's hard for me to keep up with. Especially since I don't regularly watch the show.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Squigiman said:
Really? I feel something is off with the face. Like the angles of the eyebrows or it's thinner or something odd.

-Squigiman
I know what you mean, when they first made this newer chef they thinned out his mustache and eyebrows. Although I have to say this Chef looks the best since the Chefs of the Muppet Show days. But as we know, the Muppets often will undergo minor changes during rebuild.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The Swedish Chef was funny in that clip.

I hope Scooter does do something. It would be great to see Beauregard do something as well. Also having the Electric Mayhem do something would be great or atleast get somebody like Zoot to do something.

ryan