New Chef Puppet

Ernie101

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Matt Vogel mainly does the Journey to Ernie segments and sometime a few tiny bits here and there. Carroll Spinney still performs him in the main street scenes and in big songs/sketches.

Alright, I will have to watch one of the newer Jouney to Ernie segments and see what I think. :crazy:

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
Alright, I will have to watch one of the newer Jouney to Ernie segments and see what I think. :crazy:

Yeah, you will know if it's Vogel's voice. It has a very different sound.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Maybe they were having trouble finding someone else and that was the best they had? I don't know. I doubt they would do something like that though, but why cast him if he sounds very different?

Drake.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
Maybe they were having trouble finding someone else and that was the best they had? I don't know. I doubt they would do something like that though, but why cast him if he sounds very different?

Drake.

You may not think it is that much different and he still sort of sounds like Big Bird, but only if Big Bird was going to have a chronic cold for the rest of his life. haha.

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I just hope he's being trained, also, for Oscar!

If he can do Oscar justice, great. Maybe if they get someone else to do Oscar it will open up more opportunities for BB and O to share scenes together. I don't if we even should be talking about it though. Spinney is still playing the Bird and there isn't anything saying he is leaving soon. Trying not to think about it. Carroll Spinney has basically been Sesame Streets symbol for over 30 years. I hope he stays for a while.

Ernie101

Reaction score
BEAR, I have to agree with you there. I hope Spinney doesn't leave any time soon.
He is probally my favorite Muppeteer out of anyone. His voice just sounds the most unique to me.. but all of their voices are unique..they have to be to play a Muppet.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
BEAR, I have to agree with you there. I hope Spinney doesn't leave any time soon.
He is probally my favorite Muppeteer out of anyone. His voice just sounds the most unique to me.. but all of their voices are unique..they have to be to play a Muppet.

Its really funny to see Carroll Spinney in interviews and see Big Birds voice come out of his mouth. Its also interesting to watch the expressions on the performers faces while they do the characters.

Squigiman

Reaction score
I was mainly referring to the over-use of the term at the end of the sentence, which both the "Hokay?"s and "Okey-dokey"s serve as. Chef never said it so constantly. In fact, now that it was brought up, the only time I can remember him saying it, right now, is the classic line from TMM. It just seemed like too much of a carry-over from performing Pepe, as opposed to the classic character. Ya know, I don't think anyone's commented on the actual look of the puppet, yet. Funny, that.

-Squigiman

BEAR

Reaction score
Squigiman said:
Ya know, I don't think anyone's commented on the actual look of the puppet, yet. Funny, that.

-Squigiman

I think some of us have.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Oh yes! I'd like to see some of Dav's charcters doing the guest appearence, but I guess that leaves Bill out of a space. Unless he has a pepe bonus again.
Bill could do Dr. Teeth! I'd love to see that! And Bobo hasn't been seen in a while as well, so he'd be great.