New Chef Puppet

Ernie101

Reaction score
Ok, I don't have anything to say prior to the new Chef puppet(because I haven't seen it just yet.). However, I would like to say that I think it takes a GREAT ammount of talent to basically duplicate someones voice and still have the character come out almost the same. These people are doing a great job, I mean come on.. These are characters that were created YEARS ago.. and the current Muppeteers are doing the characters ALMOST up to par. I think that is a great accomplishment and I would like to kudos all Eric and the others.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ya, ya, der clappy for de permaforms!!!

Sorry, um...what was I saying?

Oh yes! I'd like to see some of Dav's charcters doing the guest appearence, but I guess that leaves Bill out of a space. Unless he has a pepe bonus again.

People I wanna see:

Gonzo,
Beau,
Zoot,
Bobo,
Scooter,
Sal (and Johnny),
Phil van,
Bunsen,
and Beaker.

Mee, mee, mee, DVMee! Dahdah! *holds up dvd release*

MWoO

Reaction score
I really think Scooter would be perfect for an interview or something. I mean, they have gone through the touble of recasting him, they should use him more.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
Ok, I don't have anything to say prior to the new Chef puppet(because I haven't seen it just yet.). However, I would like to say that I think it takes a GREAT ammount of talent to basically duplicate someones voice and still have the character come out almost the same. These people are doing a great job, I mean come on.. These are characters that were created YEARS ago.. and the current Muppeteers are doing the characters ALMOST up to par. I think that is a great accomplishment and I would like to kudos all Eric and the others.

I second this comment. This is such a common topic of discussion around here, as is expected. We don't give the newer Muppeteers enough credit though. For the most part, they are doing just fine. Of course they aren't going to sound exactly like the original performers. You can't expect them too, but they sound close enough to where the character is believable. These are smart people and I am sure they have studied and watched footage of previous performers to get the idea of how the characters are suppose to act, sound, feel and behave. I am greatful that they are even able to continue the characters. I don't have much of a problem with any of the replacements as some of them are still fairly new and still getting used to the character. The only replacement that really bothers me is Matt Vogel as Big Bird. I know he hasn't fully taken over yet and Carroll Spinney still does the main scenes/sketches (Thank God!), but Vogel's bird sounds like he has no nose. Gets on my nerves because it lacks the same sweet lovable tenor we all know. Maybe I am being too picky because he is one of my favorite characters. Do you guys like Vogel's interpretation?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If you hear original Big Bird on old records and tapes, his voice is deeper.

Chef looks groovy to me! :smile:

BTW: Carroll Spinney has been training Matt and he's basically hand-picked for the Bird anyhow. I just hope he's being trained, also, for Oscar!

BEAR

Reaction score
MWoO said:
I really think Scooter would be perfect for an interview or something. I mean, they have gone through the touble of recasting him, they should use him more.

Yes, and Scooter worked as an usher in a movie theater so he is probably an expert.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
"Sir, you forgot your glasses!"

"Oh, I don't need them. I've seen this movie 97 times!" Aah, Manhattan rocks.

Ernie101

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Do you guys like Vogel's interpretation?
I wasn't even aware that their was another Muppeteer getting ready to take over Big Bird. Wow, shows how much I know. Where can I hear him? Is it on the recent SS episodes or what?

I'd also like to point out that without the CURRENT Muppeteers, we would not be able to have the characters we love in current shows and segments. If they were not able to portray the voices as closely as they do, their would be no more Piggy, no more Fozzie, no more Chef.

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
If you hear original Big Bird on old records and tapes, his voice is deeper.

Chef looks groovy to me! :smile:

Yes, but this was before the character's personality was completely made over by Spinney and Henson to the child-like Big Bird we have all grown up with. The original Big Bird from the first couple years was just a big dumb bird from the country. That's why his voice was more like that at first.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
I wasn't even aware that their was another Muppeteer getting ready to take over Big Bird. Wow, shows how much I know. Where can I hear him? Is it on the recent SS episodes or what?

I'd also like to point out that without the CURRENT Muppeteers, we would not be able to have the characters we love in current shows and segments. If they were not able to portray the voices as closely as they do, their would be no more Piggy, no more Fozzie, no more Chef.

Matt Vogel mainly does the Journey to Ernie segments and sometime a few tiny bits here and there. Carroll Spinney still performs him in the main street scenes and in big songs/sketches.