Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

Beauregard

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I saw a commercial for the movie and it looks like Scooter has a fairly nice part. Big enough for a semi big enterence at least. I'm am so glad Scooter is back and I think Brian Henson has done a fine job so far.
Where? Where? Where?

Tell all! What happens? What were some of the lines? Oh, please give us something juicy to nosh on.

T

timrikthegorf

It was during the parade.

I don't remember many lines because there was so much to look at. I do remember Pepe saying "What happens in Emerald City stays in Emerald City." which was very funny. I also recall Piggy as the wicked witch of the west saying "I'm not melting, I'm getting thinner!" or something like that. There was Kermit in a corn field whispering "I don't have a brian." or something like it. Rizzo was the mayor of the rat muchkin land, but we already knew that. Scooter apprently has something to do with Emerald city since I saw him in some kind of green outfit. it would be funny if his uncle owned the city. :wink: Sam was also in there and he rarely gets good parts in movies other than MTI. So Sam just being there was good. I also saw Sweetums! There were also these creatures that kind of looks like moss covered rocks but it went by fast. Apprently the muppets (or at least Kermit) make an appearance in the real world since I saw regular old Kermit with the humans and apprently Ashanti is rides on some kind of muppet tour bus (NOT the EM Bus). Oh, and there was a scene with Gonzo as the Tin Thing with his head popped off like a rock'em sock'em robot and he was going crazy.

Let's just say a lot will happen in this movie.

T

timrikthegorf

Until someone uploads the trailer you can see a fantastic recap here: http://toughpigs.com/ozteaser.htm

Now that I have a better look it seems Scooter is in charge of who enters, or perhaps the complaint department. Sam has a clip board so perhaps he is the guy at the gate. Scooter obviously has a nice part.

Sweetums, Crazy Harry, and some MTI pirates are the Wicked Witches minions. Hopefully we'll still get Sal as a flying monkey. With Sweetums as a hence man, he has to have some great lines. Especially if you consider that there are only like 6 or 7 of them.

Bunsen and Beaker seem to be magical scientists with what looks like a magic making machine. It also looks like they are updating Bunsen's look with new glasses.

Gonzo apprently shocks the others to wake them up when in the poppy field. I like that WAY BETTER then the snow stuff in the MGM film. That looks like a fun scene.

THe muppets star hunt logo on the bus uses the old muppets logo. My guess is that the movie was made before the new logo was made.

So, this looks FREAKY AWSOME!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow. Sounds it. Begining to wonder if my prefious thoughts on the movie were wrong...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm. Been reading over a tough pigs. Looks good, but, hmm. Kermit is in teh real world, it seems. Hmmm. Looks like Piggy is just a mockery of herself. Hmmmm. Crazy Harry does not look right. Hmmm. Pigy has a huuuge nose. Hmmmm.

Sam looks good. Nice hat.

Hmmmmmmm.

McFraggle

Reaction score
When has Piggy never not made a mockery of herself? :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
When has Piggy never not made a mockery of herself? :wink:
Yes, but much more recently. She's become a characature (sp?) of herself. AAlmost a parady.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Yes, but much more recently. She's become a characature (sp?) of herself. Almost a parady.
I know what you mean. It's like she's....well a parody of herself. It seems we now associate Miss Piggy with "hi-ya" rather than "Kissy Kissy"!