Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
CIsForCookie said:
I was looking at the cast list for the Muppets' Wizard of Oz and I noticed that Frank Oz's name is not on the list. Does anyone know what happened to him? :mad: Pleaze post if you know what happened?
Since the release of Muppets From Space, Frank has been fading himself out of the Muppets to concentrate on his interest to direct and produce. He has handed his characters (both Muppets and Sesame St.) to other performers; mainily Eric Jacobson (Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Grover, and more). If you saw the 2002 Verry Merry Christmas Movie that was a Frank-free production, and today Frank is rarly active with the Muppets as a proformer (he is still active in other ways). The recent Pizza Hutt commercials, TV apperiances, current sesame street episodes, and more: all Frank-free. Other core Muppeteers such as Jerry Nelson have passed on their Muppet characters to others in order to step back from performing. Jim Henson and Richard Hunt's deaths caused their character to be handed off to other performers. It is sad to see Frank go, but his character are in good hands (or should I say good hands are in his characters).

T

timrikthegorf

Is Frank totally gone from Sesame Street now? For a few seasons the characters went between performers. Has that stopped?

It's sad when any performer leaves the group for any reason, but at least the characters on in good hands.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, Frank's not totally gone from Sesame Street.

The episode where Cookie Monster made up a story about King Cookie, that was voiced by Frank Oz.
The Letter of the Day segment for the letter G, well that performance was also done by Mr. Oz or so I've been told.
Hope this helps.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Sam the Eagle

The only voice that I have heard that does not sound very good is Sam the American Eagle. Not that Sam has had some very large speaking rolls lately because he has not but I hope the new crew gets his voice down.

I was reading that Frank is really looking at performing less as a really good thing. the refrence he made was that while Jim was alive the performers were doing a little of everything, running the company, directing, producing and all stops inbetween. After Jim passed the company changed and the crew was able to have a core group of performers who concentrated on just performing, or just directing, or just puppet building, or just directing or what ever.

This gives Frank oppertunity to do other things like direct some big name films which has always been his passion.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
These characters are currently "omitted" from speaking roles in the script - Rowlf, Lew Zealand, Mulch, Crazy Harry, Aretha, Calico Jack, Blackdog, Crasher, Blind Pew, Swedish Chef, Bobo the Bear
So the Swedish Chef isnt talking? Does this mean he wont even be
mock-Swedish talking? That's just not right!

McFraggle

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
This gives Frank oppertunity to do other things like direct some big name films which has always been his passion.
I agree. :smile:

frogfandavid

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
I love Kelly Osbourne. I think she's amazing. All of her singles are great, and she's definitely my favourite Osbourne. Apart from Sharon. And Ozzy. Wow, she dropped to second-last in 5 minutes. But she's still amazing!!
I too believe it or not am a fan of Kelly's i've met her before & hse was really nice to me.............. I think this will be interesting to see! :wink:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Muppets OZ

In case you guys do not know on the New Muppets Web page you can go and take a look at the up comming Muppets Wizard of OZ. they have got a few drawings of concepts frot he film. Looks like they are using the MGM fims as an influence, at least in Munchkin Land. :big_grin:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
frogfandavid said:
I too believe it or not am a fan of Kelly's i've met her before & hse was really nice to me.............. I think this will be interesting to see! :wink:
You met her....

*dies of jealousy!*