Muppets Oz Soundtrack and DVD

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Guys you won't believe this but I just got an email of whats going to be on the DVD features. Heres what they wrote.

Kyle,
Thank you for your e-mail regarding THE MUPPETS: WIZARD OF OZ. We
appreciate your interest.

THE MUPPETS: WIZARD OF OZ, tentatively scheduled for release 05/15/05,
will include the following bonus features:

Making-Of Featurette -- Featuring Pepe
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" Music Video Starring Ashanti
Outtakes and Bloopers
Extended Ending

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

WDHE Consumer Relations
US and Canada

And thats what I just got.
I taked with some people inside the Muppet Holding Company today; they said the DVD features have not been set yet. They have ideas for things, and are working on lineing-up the features; but right now the whole DVD project is still being worked on and nothing is 100% sure yet - they said that any "announcment" of features would be premature at this point, give them a few more weeks to work it all out.
Also that date is no where near being right (5/15/05) - wrong day, wrong month, wrong day of the week, just wrong! The DVD will be out on August 9, 2005! Also, everyone I talked with have outright denyed any claims of a "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" music video or song recorded by Ashanti (it does not mean there won't be one, but as of now nothing has been made; and not likely to happen - they trying to keep away from any MGM "Oz" stuff and if they are planning to get this done by July for the DVD production they would have need to know about it by now).

As of this afternoon I was told they are still working on figuring out what'll be on it. Maybe things have changed since I taked to them, maybe my contacts (who work on the Muppet DVDs) are wrong, who knows. I am, however, doing some major hunting now to see where this listing came from, if it is true, to find more details on what the things are, and try to clear the whole thing up. I'll keep you posted - but I'm not ready to commit to this information yet based on what I have been told in the past 24 hours not only by the same people but also by people closer to the product. Still if those are the features I would not be upset in any way, I don't want to get my hopes just yet based on what I have just been told.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I just got this email:

Dear Fozzie,
Thank you for your e-mail regarding THE MUPPETS: WIZARD OF OZ. We
appreciate your interest.

You are a goofy bear.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

WDHE Consumer Relations
US and Canada
Just kidding! haaaaa...

Erine81981

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
I taked with some people inside the Muppet Holding Company today; they said the DVD features have not been set yet. They have ideas for things, and are working on lineing-up the features; but right now the whole DVD project is still being worked on and nothing is 100% sure yet - they said that any "announcment" of features would be premature at this point, give them a few more weeks to work it all out.
Also that date is no where near being right (5/15/05) - wrong day, wrong month, wrong day of the week, just wrong! The DVD will be out on August 9, 2005! Also, everyone I talked with have outright denyed any claims of a "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" music video or song recorded by Ashanti (it does not mean there won't be one, but as of now nothing has been made; and not likely to happen - they trying to keep away from any MGM "Oz" stuff and if they are planning to get this done by July for the DVD production they would have need to know about it by now).

As of this afternoon I was told they are still working on figuring out what'll be on it. Maybe things have changed since I taked to them, maybe my contacts (who work on the Muppet DVDs) are wrong, who knows. I am, however, doing some major hunting now to see where this listing came from, if it is true, to find more details on what the things are, and try to clear the whole thing up. I'll keep you posted - but I'm not ready to commit to this information yet based on what I have been told in the past 24 hours not only by the same people but also by people closer to the product. Still if those are the features I would not be upset in any way, I don't want to get my hopes just yet based on what I have just been told.

Thats just what I got back. I didn't do that at all. Its what was sent back to me.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
It seems to me that unless we start seeing advertisements for it, or get an official announcement, we'll just have to raid all the stores that could possibly sell DVDs on every single date that anyone and everyone has heard, and hope we come up with something eventually. Who's with me? :wink:
But in all seriousness muppetly possible, let's just keep our eyes open and our fingers crossed.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Thats just what I got back. I didn't do that at all. Its what was sent back to me.
Are you sure of that?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, At first I was excited, then disgusted, then warey, and since it sounds so far like the Electric Mayhem will FINALLY be back as some sort of focus in a muppet movie (I do not count their cameos in the last few films and specials, since they didn't really do much) I think I may be a little excitd again.

And the Making of feature with Pepe would indeed cause me to buy the DVD, since, frankly, that's the thing I watch the most on the Verry merry DVD.