Muppet reality pilot taped last summer

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
This reality show sounds like a good idea.
Paula-Kermit
Randy-Gonzo
Simon-Piggy
Oh boy...

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I hope to see some originality, not reality, from the Muppets.

christyb

Reaction score
I agree with that. But is it my hatred for reality tv in general make me not like this idea???

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Quite possibly. I have an open mind about things, however I really don't see this reality idea working well at all. The Muppets really need some original well written material as of right now, the people in charge are too busy thinking that they have to make them "edgy" and "hip", when the fact is all they need is some good writers and new original ideas/projects.

christyb

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Jerry Juhl? Did he retire??

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Yes, sadly. I believe the last Muppet project he was involved in was co-writing MTI, perhaps MFS was his last, but I believe it was MTI.

christyb

Reaction score
No wonder. I suspected it but never heard anything. It's understandable that he'd want to. Since he's been at it forever. *sigh* Now they need to find another brilliant writer. Now that I think back I can see quality and character changes from MTI to the present movie.

beaker

Reaction score
WHAT THE HECK? Random people puppeteering the Muppets? Oh I dont think so.
Does anyone else find this high sacrilege? Geez...if only we had the muscle of the Farscape fan fervor, peopel could voice their disapproval of the assanine directions Disney may be taking. ugh. At least the Muppet Oz thing was in play before the Disney takeover, so I cant blame them for that one. But still...this is just not good.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Now I'm not saying this is gonna' work, but here's where I think this is a better idea then the Muppet Wizard of Oz.