Muppet reality pilot taped last summer

christyb

Reaction score
I like. Have you thought of helping us write Muppet Central The Movie Vic?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah ha! Love it when I get to use my patent-pending points system.

1 Big mouth Christy? Not going anywhere near that one.
2 Vic, thanks. Though I was at 3680 before the posts got readjusted a second time for the deletion of the tubs and stuff.
3 Nice outline Vic, would be interesting.
4 If it's already done and it's a one-time thing, then I'd watch and would enjoy it oblivious to the fact that it's a parody of a reality TV show. Just so long as it stays as a one-time thing and doesn't lead to a continuing reality show, that's what I'm afraid of.
5 Waiting for Muppets Wizard of Oz to watch/hear for myself. Not going to the thread here, gotten rully negative lately.
Hope you guys have a good afternoon.

beaker

Reaction score
Well I read that wrong *whew* I thought it would be random people auditioning the Muppets themselves...I ONLY WANT steve, dave, kevin, bill, jerry, john, etc puppeteering our beloved Muppets(anyone remember the disaster when they let audience members audition Fozzie at Muppetfest?)

Ok...this sounds pretty funny actually. Reminds me of the ol skit with Fozzie and his dummy in front of Statler and Waldorf.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought about it.... other than the American Idol-esque plot line, there was something pretty off about it. I finally know what that is. I prefer it when the refferences to the Muppets as Puppets is downplayed. I mean, the occasional snide comment is okay... like in the Jim Henson Tribute, when they talk about the guys under them that move when they move, or when Grover, last season playing with a small puppet, turned to the camera and said, "It must be fun to be a puppet."

Now, this idea is kinda cute, but I WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE IT AT ALL.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I think people are really misinterpreting what they mean here. I read the article to mean that it would just be a parody special of a reality show. The way I picture it is something kind of similiar to the Steve Martin episode of the muppet show where they are auditioning new acts. I don't think its going to be an actual reality show where anything goes, it will be a scripted spoof of it. I too despise reality shows but I think its a good idea personally. I will take new muppet material anyway I can get it. I know that the muppets have never and will never be the same since Jim Henson, but I am very happy that someone out there is trying to keep them alive. So lets all hope for the best. And as far as the Wizard of Oz, it is one of my all time favorite movies and I love the muppets. So I know I love the movie already. My only problem is I wish they still made movies that came out to the theatre first. I would love to see the muppets on the big screen again. Something I haven't done since Muppets from Space. Oh well, maybe someday. :smile:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
All I'm saying is, as with anything that stays in the public eye for such a long time, things never stay the same forever. There is a definite distinction between the muppets of old school versus the new productions. I personally love both. Just because I miss Jim Henson's muppets, it doesn't mean there isn't enough room in my heart to love the new stuff as well. Hurry up and get here May, I want to see the new movie!!!!!

christyb

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
Hurry up and get here May, I want to see the new movie!!!!!
Ditto that. And it better not air when I'm moving or I won't be very happy.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I here you there. It doesn't matter what I have to do when the movie airs. I may be skipping school or calling in to work just to watch the movie. And please believe I will be taping it. The cell phone will be turned off and the home phone will be unplugged. I get chills just thinking about it :big_grin:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
There is a definite distinction between the muppets of old school versus the new productions.
Oh I certainly agree with you, I'm just saying the old magic may return someday down the road.