Muppet Film and TV References

mr3urious

Reaction score
The 2018 revival of Double Dare had a question regarding Cookie Monster's real name. Neither of the teams answered "Sid", which was one of the three questions ("Me Want Cookie!" was one of the others). Marc Summers (as announcer/commentator) even did an impression of him.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The past few episodes of Robot Chicken have featured an additional two new Muppet sketches:

-Super Grover dies after flying through lightning while wearing his tin foil helmet. Everyone on Sesame Street is shocked, although Elmo is more surprised to find out that Super Grover's secret identity has been Grover this whole time! I thought that was a funny comment on the ridiculousness behind Superman logic. I've always wondered if everyone in Metropolis is stupid considering Clark Kent is just Superman wearing glasses and a different outfit. Can't anybody in the entire city tell that's the same guy using a different alter ego?

-Tonight's episode featured the Swedish Chef trying to get on a plane but the flight attendant couldn't understand a word he was saying due to the fact that he can barely speak English. Crazy Harry then attempted to get on the plane as well but was quickly halted because of how he was carrying dynamite in his hand at the time.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
There was an episode of The Goldbergs that ended with Adam Goldberg filming a home video where he impersonates the Swedish Chef.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The latest South Park episode titled "Buddha Box" references the Muppet Babies theme, specifically the reboot theme, with the PC Babies.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
On The Goldbergs, Adam has a Beaker puppet and a Dark Crystal poster in his room that can be seen in the background of every episode.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
On the game show America Says, the question was “The dirtiest thing in my house is...” and one of the team members guessed Fraggle Rock!