Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Kim: Okay gang, I think that should be everything. What do you think?

The set-up of Room #19 is unchanged from last semester. The room's the standard rectangular shape of any other dorm room. On the right side of the room as you enter are Tosh, Mimzy and Boober's beds; Mimzy and Tosh have a bunk bed while Boober has a platform (that's non-converting) futon. Tosh still has the top bunk while Mimzy's got the bottom bunk. Tosh has a plum and olive-green quilt and cream-colored sheets on her bed, and she still has the curtain around her bunk. Her pillows have plum-colored cases. Mimzy has lavender sheets and a pink and white quilt on her bed. In between the girls' bunk and Boober's bed is a chest of drawers that is the perfect height for two Fraggles. The top two drawers are for Tosh and Mimzy's things, like their shared Fraggle pebble collection. The bottom drawers are Boober's and hold all of his cleaning and laundry supplies. Boober has a brown blanket and cream-colored sheets on his bed, and tan pillowcases on his pillows. On the wall near his bed is a peg where he can hang his hat and his scarf when he goes to bed.

The left side of the room is the "grown-ups'" side, or Gillis and Kim's side. The bed, which is near the closet, is a loft-style bed. This is Kim's bed; it has a quilt of lavender, green and white squares with flowers embroidered over them, purple sheets and purple cases on her pillows. At the head of the bed is a taller dresser that's shared by Kim and Gillis, and the top of which Kim uses for a nightstand. Underneath Kim's bed are the TV/VCR and DVD player, and a smaller bed belonging to Gillis. Gillis' bed has white sheets and an olive-green blanket. The TV/VCR and DVD player sit on a wooden TV stand that has a cabinet on the bottom. Inside is their DVD and VHS collection, including Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of TMS, season 1 through 3 of Ghost Hunters, Kim's Marx Brothers collection and her Sherlock Holmes video library. Beside the TV is a small refrigerator filled with pop, fruit juice, water and extra Doozer sticks (which taste just as good cold).

On the wall opposite the door is a desk that is roughly 3/4 the length of the wall. Above the desk are bookshelves the same length as the desk. On those shelves is Kim's book collection, including her Sherlock Holmes library and her copies of Harpo Speaks! Of Muppets and Men and Jim Henson: The Works. Also on the shelves are photographs of the roomies' friends and family - the rest of the Fraggle Five for Boober and Tosh, the Minstrels for Gillis (one group shot, and an individual shot of Brio), and one of former roomie Betty Lou. On one end of the desk is the computer; the other end is left empty in case someone wants to do some writing or drawing. School supplies are kept in the desk drawers. The remaining quarter of the wall is a window.

The closet is on the same wall as the door, and like last year is divided in half. One half is for clothing - Tosh's dresses, Mimzy's sweaters, Gillis' jackets and Kim's wardrobe. On the floor is the laundry basket and the hamper. On the shelf above are Kim's shower caddy and the room's first-aid kit (always kept stocked by Boober), not to mention extra cleaning supplies. There is also a screen to be used for privacy when changing your clothes. The other half of the closet belongs to Tosh's Beast. He has a large dog bed with a yellow blanket and a fluffy pillow. At night (or when the roomies have to go somewhere without him), his rope attaches to a hook on the wall. Tosh keeps extra rope in one of her dresser drawers. Also on the floor of Beast's side of the closet are various toys for him to play with.

Gillis: Mm-hmm, mm-hmm. Looks like the ol' Room 19 to me.

-Kim

MrsPepper

Reaction score
In the hallway, a young woman can be seen dragging suitcases backwards down the hall towards room #16. She stops for a moment to rest her arms and wipe off her forehead, then shouts off to her muppet roomies, who are taking their sweet time to help her with the bags.

Pepper: Will you two quit canoodling and please give me a hand? I'll just leave these here if you don't!

Floyd: We just got here, Pepper, let's take it easy!

Janice: Like, yeah, we're excited to find the band members!

Pepper: I understand that, but can we please get in the door first? You can even invite them over for jelly, or whatever it is that you wanted to do.

Floyd: Do you mean for a "jam"? Groovy! I'll spread the word.

Janice: And I'll help you set up! *in a sing-song voice* I can't wait to be roooomies!

Pepper: Me neither! Let's go in, shall we?

Janice picks up a few of the bags while giving Pepper a great big smile, and leads the way to dorm # 16.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<inside room 23>
Rowlf: Alright, Chef. All the stuff is inside, and Lisa's still out there on her ball, completely oblivious. Gonna pay up, or do you have another double-or-nothin' bet?
Chef: ...Meer de meeky yoor de deeel.
Rowlf: Hmm?
Chef: Meer de noopen de paydepay NUU... Bur meer de meekin yuun de fuuuuuuuuuntytursty boon yeyder morny fum de hooo de skursty yeerna.
Rowlf: ...How 'bout we make the deal that you DON'T make the funtursty-whatever-bone the whole year?
Chef: ...Yur nur LIKEY de fuuuuuuuuuntytursty boon?
Rowlf: Not particularly.
Chef: Whe de nur de likey mu fuuuuuuuuuntytursty boon?
Rowlf: Last time y'made the fursnaty-bone-thing IT chewed ME!
Chef: Nuurpen de pursiblue!
Robin: Shouldn't we get Lisa?
Rowlf: Saved by the frog. Let's see if we can get Lisa to come inside! <runs out with Robin>
Chef: <trudges after, muttering>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... The Chef hasn't lost the bet yet. *In Pepe voice: Ju make the same boo-boo I make. Room #25's Prawny's room. Though since they are halves, I guess her taking up half his room is to be expected. But no funny business between you, get a room of your own! Oh wait, you already have. Never mind then. *Goes back to plotting, carefully prodding der Lisa for more story with my trusty ? nagging stick.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
(OOC: Si, si... I was in 25 last year. But Ed, if there's no funny business betwixt mine half and me, what am I s'posed to do with all these whoopie cushions I just bought? :stick_out_tongue:)

Robin: <Hops up to Lisa and her ball> We're all moved in now, Lisa!
Lisa: <Blinks at laptop> <picks up head> Wha?
Rowlf: The Dorms are back open.
Lisa: <Blink> Oh. We can get off the roof, then.
Robin: We ARE off the roof.
Lisa: We are? ...Oh, lookit that. The ball's on grass. ...How'd that happen?
Robin: We brought you down with the crane. And I DIDN'T get stuck under the rope.
Lisa: Oh, good. Well, I guess we should bring the stuff inside, then.
Rowlf: We already did.
Lisa: ...All of it?
Rowlf: Except for your ball, notebook, and computer... yup.
Lisa: ...Is it all put away?
Rowlf: Mostly.
Lisa: ...So... I don't have to do anything?
Robin: You have to go inside.
Rowlf: And bring the ball and computer and notebook.
Lisa: ...<Blink>... Sweet. <Closes laptop, tucks it under arm with notebook, and starts rolling the ball towards the steps> Lez'go!

(Room description to come tomorrow!)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Tosh: What're you doing, Kim?
Kim: I'm hanging up a calender.
Tosh: What for?
Kim: So that we're more aware of dates and stuff, like days when I get called in advance to work at the school or library.
Boober: That's a good idea.
Kim: Thanks, Boober. And speaking of dates, it looks like we missed a fairly important one while we were camped out in the hotel for the past couple weeks. I've got to work a couple more hours tomorrow, but afterwards what would you say to a belated birthday dinner out, Mimzy? My treat.
Mimzy: That'd be great, thanks.
Tosh: See? Told you we wouldn't forget ya.
Gillis: No, we'll just come late to the party.
Kim: ...let it go, Gillis. Just...let it go.

-Kim

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... That kind of funny business is hokay, okay. Hope everyone is settling in fine... There'll be a nice surprise for the residents later tonight/tomorrow night.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well with all the stuff still here in the room. I'll get our arangments up for Ed but in the mean time. I have to head off for work. Good thing most of the guys are asleep. *heads into each room* (whispers) Have sweet dreams guys. *leaves out the door and sees Ed* Hey Ed. I'll see you later. Heading off to work. Bye.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beth: Well I hate to leave you guys since we just got all moved in, but I have to go out of town for the weekend
Wanda: We'll miss you!
Red: Have fun!
Beth: Thanks, you guys have fun this weekend and I'll see you Sunday!

OOC: Ed, I sent you a PM, sorry to Mrs.P, I forgot to tell Ed that I told you to come on into the dorms, I apologize for the confusion and hope everything is cool.

Also, I really am leaving for the weekend, so any dorm needing my assistance will need to wait until Sunday evening. Thanks!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
*A sudden gust of wind blows the lobby doors open. Four rugged, weary, and dusty wanderers slowly make their way into the hallway*

Alex: *dragging a suitcase* We made it! Sweetums, no more taking directions from penguins, okay? We didn't even need directions! We were right outside this whole time!

Sweetums: *carrying a very large trunk, nods solemnly*

Bean: *sitting on Sweetums' shoulders* It's okay, we're here now! Well, most of us.... who else is coming, anyway?

Animal: *panting as he drags a very heavy suitcase* *shrugs*

Outside, a tiny pitter-patter of footsteps can be heard coming toward the door.

Rizzo: *enters, carrying a tiny suitcase* Whoa! Nobody move! I'm lookin fer dah Dorms, this it? Got it. Well, I hope you guys have a big kitchen, cuz right now I'm so hungry I could eat a horse! Wait a second! Don' tell me - I'm stayin wit you? Oohh, great....

Again, the door blows open. The doorway seems to glow with an angelic light. Suddenly, a rather dashing pig appears amidst the light, looking somewhat worn out.

Link: *wiping his forehead with a handkercheif* Oh wow... that was the longest walk.... *looking out the doorway* Thanks fellas that was really swell.

A group of Anything Muppets can be seen putting fans and spotlights into the back of a van.

Link: *picks up his suitcase* Well, shall you show me to my room? A captain needs his rest after a long journey....

Animal: *mouth hanging open*

Bean: *eyes wide*

Sweetums: *quietly, to Alex* These are the two guys we're gonna be rooming with?

Alex: *glares at Sweetums* Okay, guys, lets head up to our room.....

Status
Not open for further replies.