Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mupitz, or should we just call you Becky? The room you described is a nice one, and I don't think anyone will mind your guinea pigs. After all, there's an assortment of other animals both real and Muppet here already, your guinea pigs won't bother anyone I hope.
Will post soon with our own room design, just gotta throw the numbers around to finish everything off.

mupitz

Reaction score
*If there are any Becky's already residing here then Mupitz will do for simplicity sake. Otherwise, I've no objections to Becky.*

Me: Just want to thank everybody for the warm welcome and compliments on our room.

Mokey: And I too want to thank everyone for their kindness.

Me: I'll just ask my family to send me Stat & Wally AirMail.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK then, Mupitz it iz. That's the good thing about the dorms, you know that our mail system gets all our stuff here on time. Especially when we have Grover delivering our mail as one of his many vonderful jobs, that is, if he's still in the postal service's employ.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Vic - We have more furniture, but it's buried in Laundry.
Bert - Maybe if you and Ernie helped we wouldn't have such a mess!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, the room layout's finalized and we're both here to give you guys the tour. First though, we had to remove the furniture and start over from scratch. As you enter the room, the first thing you'll notice is the new Halloween mask knocker with the room's number a big number 1 on the door with two peepholes in the eyeslits of the mask. After that, there's a small doormat lying at the entrance of the room. You got two walls that seem to close in on you crreating a narrow passageway. Tucked into these walls are our wardrobe closets. The Count's is on your left and mine is on your right. The Count's furniture features small gray counting cloud knobs, while mine still have the bright orange jack o'lantern knobs. Inside the closets are dressers for our folded clothes, pajamas, sweatpants, underwear and other stuff like handkerchiefs, money and perfume bottles. The closets also have a comfortable living space for both our bats, with a bucket set up beneath them for their bat-room needs.

As you continue walking inwards, you'll notice the comfortable crimson red sofa couch in the center of the room. This baby's mounted on a swivel base and it has an outstretched bat-logo backing. The sofa faces the entertainment center we have set up in the center of the backwall. Got a TV table with the monitor, cable box, DVD/VCD machine, and a second DVD/VCR machine below that. The air conditioner unit is installed beneath the TV center, and we can both reach it easily.

OK, so now we spread out to the two individual halves of the room. The left half is the Count's and the right half is mine, but we both share the room equally. The Count's bed is propped up against the corner created by the closet's outer wall. There's a bat clock hanging from the wall above the bed's headboard, and two lamplike extensions with lightbulb-topped candles. These were an invention of ours, to preserve the gothic feel and yet not create mass emergencies should the candles' flames get out of control. The bed features two gray cloudlike pillows and a sheet showing off what else? All numbers from 1 to 10 scattered about and repeating throughout the sheets. There's also a folded blanket at the foot of the bed. There's a framed portrait of Countess Dahling van Dahling, a dark gray nightcap, and a pair of reading glasses on the nightstand beside the Count's bed. As you can see, the grand organ's propped up next to the far left wall. There's also a shelf above the organ with some PVC statues of creatures favorite to the Count and me as well. They include a vulture, raven, black cat, and Cerberus among others. Then there's the cooking area next to the left side of the back wall where you'll find the furnace and cauldron, with a window leading to an outside windowbox filled by black roses. The furnace's columns are sculpted to resemble two grim-looking demons.

Now over to my side of the room. Two white fluffy pillows are the head of the bed, along with two more lightbulb-topped candles. Got black bats printed up on my own sheets and a fluffy gray blanket at the foot. Note also, on the wall behind the headboard, the poster of Catwoman from Batman Returns saying "**** Here" with the O and T from the sign's original message dimmed out. After that, there's a double-shelving unit. This houses the following: my racks of Muppet VCD's, my Muppet Universe and some Law School course books, our books on mythical and monstrous creatures used for research on our projects, and some of my action figures though not all of them. Near the end of the far right wall you'll find my Frankensteinish computer terminal, complete with monitor and spooker speakers for my JAWS screenreader program. At the far right side of the backwall, there's a door marked with a white smiling skull. This is a walk-in closet where we keep our Palisades Muppets and eventually Sesame Street collections. Then again, we also switch our books and stuff so that the figures can be out on display in the main room. Got a tripod and digital camera to photograph my collection.
Lastly, there's a grand spider chandelier hanging above the center of the room's ceiling, directly above the sofa. And of course, small white plastic numbers spread throughout the room at different locations. You can practically find your way through our room by just following the numbers. And to give it all a proper setting, the walls were washed and painted with a dreary yet lightened dark gray so that the bat wallpaper could have a notable contrast.

Hope you guys like what we've done with the place, and feel free to stop by if you have any questions about the dorms or want to watch some Muppet moments.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Love the room guys. It fits ya'll just fine. Ya'll have one cool thing in common: Numbers! Oh Dee hope you get to feeling better. I know since I've had a couple in the last few days.

Grover: If you need anything Dee just call on old lovable furry me.

Herry: Oh Count I wanted to tell you that me and Kyle got jobs at Walmart. Isn't that cool. I'm so glad to have a job now. Kyle's been teaching me.

Thanks Herry.

Cookie M: *walks in all groggy* Me not felling to well. *snezzes*

Herry, Grover & Me: Uh Oh!

It had to be those cookies. Cookie you shouldn't be walking around. Go get in the bed. Me, Grover and Herry will take good care of you.

Cookie M: O..............k.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
JFS: I love what you did to your room Count,tres magnifique. Thanks Kyle,Grover & Cookie.I'm still under the weather,guess its a cold.Hope you feel better too Cookie.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys. Forgot a few details. There are two matching crimson red armchairs, one placed in front of the furnace and another in front of the computer terminal. Gotsta have somewhere to sit down you know. We also have toothbrushes and towels of our own over in the Floor 1 Bathroom. Mine are a slender black bat-topped toothbrush and a sandy brown towel featuring a black bat emblem with my initials in white; the Count has a light gray white skull-topped toothbrush and a rich red towel with a black stripe near the bottom bearing his name and a few skulls in white as well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend here at the dorms. JFS, if you need anything, just call on us.
*The Count at the organ... "And we'll come running, running for you."
You just call out our name, and you know wherever you are we'll come running, running for you.
The Count: "Winter, spring, summer or fall. All you need to do is call."
Ghosts: "And they'll come running for you."

Status
Not open for further replies.