Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Comes back from the pools. The water fight's over? Hmm, just as well. Gonna put these clothes in the hamper and change for bed. Just hope I can take some more pics of my new figures tomorrow. Once that's taken care of, I can move on to other things I need to do to get my shelves in order.
You know, I thought Katsy428 and a friend of hers would be moving in here too, guess we'll just have to wait and see. Wish everyone a good night's sleep.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ernie - Oh hey Cookie Monster! Hi Grover! Nice to see you too Herry! And it's a pleasure to meet you Erine81981! Hey your name is like mine only with numbers! *snickers*
Vic - Hi Erine81981! Thanks for the warm welcome, and it's nice to meet all you blue monsters too!
Bert - Hey Ernie, Vic? I put all my bottlecaps from my bottlecap collection on the shelf in our room, but now they're gone and covered with all the Palisades action figures! Where are my bottle caps!?
Vic - Oh it's okay Bert, we just moved 'em under the triple bunkbeds for now.
Bert - But there's a whole other shelf there that's completely empty! Why can't my bottle caps go there!?
Ernie - Well that's where the Sesame Street action figures from Palisades are going to go when they come out, Bert. That shelf is reserved!
Bert - *sigh* I think I'd rather live with the monsters!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Morning all. *Whispers to Vic, if it's easier for you Erine81981's better known as Kyle round these parts.
Anyway, glad to see that someone else is thinking forward the same way I am. Got the double shelving unit in my room set up with the Muppets figures on the left, and the shelves on the right mostly freed up for the Sesame Street figures. Of course, I also use those for taking pics with my brother, but I can always move everything around and put it back in place later. As an added feature of our room, I have those shelving units tucked inside a walk-in closet, so if you wanna come by and take a look sometime just LMK and we can take a step inside my inner sanctum.

Hey Bert, sorry about your bottlecap collection getting shoved aside. Maybe you can ask for an extra shelf for your own things? Or maybe you can place a nail in the wall on your side of the room and hang the bottlecap collection proudly for all to see. Going to sort some things at the castle, be back in a few secs.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
As the room looks now:
On the left wall; Mostly shelving units displaying Muppet Action figures and other memorabilia shared between Ernie and I. Against this wall is a three seater sofa, covered in laundry. Mostly damp towels and blue jeans.
On the back wall;
Hanging by the window are blue prints, top secret mission briefs, lists of equipment and character bios pertaining to the big puppet heist at the JHC as planned by Uncle Deadly, Vic Romano, Christyb and Beauregard.
On the right wall;
Three person bunkbeds, the top two cluttered with toys, video games and food (the top two are Ernie's and Vic's) the neat and tidy bottom one is Berts. Underneath the bed are a rather large collection of bottle caps. Next to the tall bed is a dresser, overpouring with clothes. On top of it is Ernie's Rubber Duckie, garlic cloves and scented oils taken from the bath tub and a huge supersoaker used regularly at the pool. The door to the bathroom is barely accessible from the large mess of which Bert seems to usually be struggling with.
On the first wall;
Next to the door is a poster of Phil Chapman and a "bat trap" as Ernie and Vic desire to catch one of the Count's bats to play with (and then give back to the Count, of course).

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh, and hiya Kyle... again, only now as Kyle and not Ernie81981!
*Ernie looks down slightly disappointed as their names are no longer exactly the same* :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... not so much bothered by the garlic oils you have or the fact you want to catch one of my bats. What intrigues me is this planned puppet heist? If you feel more comfortable talking about it by PM, then go ahead. Not sure what the four of you are planning, and yet it makes me slightly curious.
Anyway, you remember I said you had the dorm's Laundry Room near to your own room? Well, if you head down the opposite direction when leaving the Floor 1 Common Room and head all the way down that corridor, you'll find that floor's Bathrooms on the last door down on your lefthand side.
Hope that helps some and hope there's a space there in your windowbox for some stray Twiddlebugs.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Me: *Yawns. Oh man. I feel like I've been asleep for months. Hey Link, you awake? Link? (Picks up pillow and throws it in his direction) ARE YOU AWAKE, LINKY?

Link: What? Who? Why?

Me: Because I think we slept in.

Link: What time is it?

Me: About 10:30 AM.

Link: Yeah, we slept in.

Me: Let me get online and see what's going on in the world. Hmmm...January 4th eh? Must be mistaken. I'm gonna check Muppet Central...they always have accurate information. Wait a tic...

Link: Is it really January fourth?

Me: Yeah, but even more interesting...Palisades is to make Sesame Street figures!

Link: But it's January fourth?

Me: Yes.

Link: But we fell asleep in November!

Me: Uh-oh. We'd better talk to our fellow dormies and see what's up. (Steps out the door) HEY! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Vic, will check it out.

Hi Ryan, well, here's what's happened.
Bert and Ernie have moved in with Vic Romano as new boarders here, and Pepe has also moved in with the MC forum member known as Uncle Deadly.
You missed out on a great party over at Miss Piggy's place during the Christmas holidays, though Rowlf was there and he sent you his best regards.
As for the Palisades figures... good news and bad news.
The bad news is that the figure of Sal Manilla hasn't found a retailer home yet, and what would've been S10 the figures from Muppets Wizard of Oz were canned. Hoping that Ken can get them made and released, if even not in conjunction with the movie's debut. Though maybe other last-second items like the Vet's Hospital 3-Pack and/or the Muppet Babies take precedence.
The good news is that they'll be making Sesame Street figures to be released later this year. The 2005 Tour figure will be Super Grover with a telephone booth and rotary payphone accessory. You can switch the heads and remove his trenchcoat to change him from his Grover Kent disguise to his Super Grover persona.
The S1 lineup has been announced as being Ernie, Oscar, Guy Smiley and the Two-Headed Monster. The most talked-about figure has been Oscar and the plans for his figure. The figure's body will be stuck in the trashcan, but it'll have a fully-detailed head and arms. The neat trick is that you can remove the arms and push the head down, and then put the trashcan lid to close the whole thing. And then you can attach his feet below the can to make it look as if he's moving while still inside.

Hope this helps and have a good day.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Bert - Hey, wait a minute! Why are they making a figure of Ernie first and not me!?
Vic - We've talked about this in the forums before Bert, and most of us agree with you that it's not fair.
Ernie - Yeah, old buddy, my figure's gonna' be pretty lonely on that shelf without your figure!
Vic - If it makes you feel any better Bert, there's no action figure of me either.
Bert - Not really, Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.