Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
You too? As fun as it was to lax off every so often, it didn't help when people didn't understand the assigment & the teacher couldn't help as per their job qualification as a teacher.
Made me wonder why some of those people were still teachers in the first place. They didn't teach anything.

But back on the 80's subject in hand......

Anybody remember the blunder idea of the "pet rock"?

People would get these stupid rocks and treat them as if they were a pet, a real live animal like a dog or a cat.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, the peers wee mean as all get out! I was also placed in self contain class and alternative school for children with severe behavior problems. They believed I didn't talk for some reason?
I never got put in another school..I sort of wished I had been. No one every asked me to play, I never got to be Rogue when we played X-Men, I was shy and I cried easily (I still do) and they always picked on me with my leg braces and old cloths and..well, let's just say my home life was so bad I hardly ever got to take a bath or have anyone other my whole nineteen years of living there...So the 80's were not all good :frown:
Needless to say, my peers and I have never gotten along really at any age..Expect here :3! I was wondering where my people were all hiding :big_grin:!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I was wondering where my people were all hiding.
They had to deal with their life's problems as well in the 80's, despite the quality entertainment.

Redsonga

Reaction score
They had to deal with their life's problems as well in the 80's, despite the quality entertainment.
I know, but we were all in different states, not banded together here like we are now :cry:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I know, but we were all in different states, not banded together here like we are now :cry:
That too. But even here, many of us are still in different states. Not that it matters, any. XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
But back on the 80's subject in hand......

People would get these stupid rocks and treat them as if they were a pet, a real live animal like a dog or a cat.
Weren't those from the 70's? the only inanimate pet I can think of from the 80's is My pet Monster.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Weren't those from the 70's? the only inanimate pet I can think of from the 80's is My pet Monster.
And it spawned a b-list film, an animated series, and a set of books.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score

I sort of remember pet rocks. I thought it was pretty stupid if you ask me, but I thought it was a great scam as people were actually buying them. It just goes to show you that you an package anything and people will buy it. Didn't they have leashes at one point?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And ironically, Zoe of SS fame has a pet rock. XD

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like pet rocks :smile:. I think it is a cute idea...