Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

Redsonga

Reaction score
People...*shakes head* And here you are writing great stories based upon your fond childhood memories! XD

But onto more of the 80's...Disney had people-in-suit versions of two of its hit film franchises--Dumbo & Pooh--in the 80's in the forms of Dumbo's Circus & Welcome to Pooh Corner.
*lol* Sort of...I guess you can see a tiny bit of that :coy:.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
If the Shredder from the 2003 series got a hold of the Technodrome from the 80's cartoon series, he would have destroyed both the 2003 and the 87 series turtles without any problems.

He probably would have thrown Krang, Beebop, and Rocksteady to Dimension X or some other place too.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Was Krang ever in the new series?:confused:
I always sort of wanted the Technodrome to finally get up to the surface again...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
If Krang was in the new series, it was probably for a breif time, given that he was most likely in Demension X already, considering I don't think he ever escaped the portal following the 80's episode with the Neutrino aliens.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Was Krang ever in the new series?:confused:
I always sort of wanted the Technodrome to finally get up to the surface again...
Yes, but only as a joke. You see, Krang was based on a concept from the comics, an alien race called the "Utroms," basically brain shaped creatured that have mechanical humanoid bodies. The utroms were directly responisble for the Turtles' mutation, when the wate product from their teleportation machine somehow fell into the sewers with a bunch of baby turtles.

In the episode "Secret Origens" (the last part of the saga), a bunch of Utroms, san their bodies have to crawl to their transportation device. One of them proclaims "I hate walking on my tenticles" in the familiar voice. Andother Utorm says, "Shut up, Krang".

That episode also parodied April as a news reporter (as she had to disguise as a news reporter to get close to the action), and they even made fun of her yellow jump suit ("you look great.. if you got a job hauling toxic waste")

Even Bebop and Rocksteady are mentioned at some point, but they arwen't parts of the show, as they weren't parts of the comic. The only other mutant animal in the comic book universe was Leatherhead, and he wasn't the rajin' cajun he was in the cartoon.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think I heard when April from the 2003 series pretended to be a reporter in the yellow outfit, similar to what the April from the 87 series wore, one of the turtles (I think) asked if she would ever go into reporting the news and April said "maybe in another lifetime" or something similar to that, making a reference to the 87 cartoon series.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I think I heard when April from the 2003 series pretended to be a reporter in the yellow outfit, similar to what the April from the 87 series wore, one of the turtles (I think) asked if she would ever go into reporting the news and April said "maybe in another lifetime" or something similar to that, making a reference to the 87 cartoon series.
Not to mention a reference to the live-action films in which the Turtles were created by Jim's own Creature effects Shop.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not to mention a reference to the live-action films in which the Turtles were created by Jim's own Creature effects Shop.
The movie was a blend of the series and the comic. April being a reporter is one of the things they used from the show... mainly because April's real meeting with the turtles would have taken much longer, and it involves Baxter Stockman and the Mousers.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The movie was a blend of the series and the comic. April being a reporter is one of the things they used from the show... mainly because April's real meeting with the turtles would have taken much longer, and it involves Baxter Stockman and the Mousers.
Aww, man! It would've been awesome to see Baxter go fly man in live-action, in my honest opinion.