Muppet Central Couples

Skye

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Actually, I'd be kind of surprised if you could place it. I know there are quite a few that could, but it's not really something in wide circulation. It's from one of the Muppetisms in which Pepe is auditioning for a dating service.

If you own a copy of Muppets Party Cruise for one of the game systems, it's one of the hidden features on there that you have to open. (Level 5, specifically)
Ahh, ok. No wonder... I figured I hadn't heard it before, but I remembered reading it somewhere before. Awesome that it's from there!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Personally, I think that being in love is over-rated. I mean, there's no such thing as real love. Just settling with somebody because you don't wanna end up lonely. Online relationships suck because you don't know if they're screwing around with somebody that's there or not. I mean, I'm not a trusting person because of how hideously ugly I am, I can't get any woman I want. I gotta get what I can get. I'm not getting any younger.
This brought to you from the ramblings of a single man

Daniel

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hmmm. I'd have to say I believe in true love. But I also believe alot of people don't know what true love is, and that it is difficult to find... if one can find it at all. But it is there. It has to be. Otherwise, how could we feel unloved?

Skye

Reaction score
Aw, that's really depressing, Daniel. But, nothing wrong with the ramblings of a single man.

I have to respectfully disagree with you, though... I do believe that there's such a thing as real love. I believe it because I'm feeling it right now, and have been for 5 months now (I know, not very long, but it doesn't make it any less real). You're right, no one wants to end up lonely. But they also can find somebody that they very much want to spend their lives with, and I've found that in William.

I'll bet that you will find a girl who you want to be with. Just because you haven't found her yet doesn't mean she's not out there. And then, those can be the ramblings of a taken man! :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know I found the one true love that I'm going ang will spend the rest of my life with too, honey...

Teheheman

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think that there is anybody for me anywhere. I believe that there is an odd number of people in the world, and I'm the odd man out. I mean, somebody has to not have somebody if there is an odd number of people. The person that I think I'm gonna end up being with is an abusive, alcoholic shemale who'll kill me in our trailer with broken shards of a Jim Beam bottle that he/she threw at me when I told it that dinner'll be 5 minutes late. That's if I ever end up with somebody. It's a long story on why I feel this way, but I'm glad that you found somebody.

Daniel

Super Scooter

Reaction score
... ya know, considering the number of pretty girls out there with serious image issues, I'd have to say it's unfair of you to say that. You just need to find someone with lower standards. :wink:

Seriously, though, I really don't mean to make fun of you. That's just the way I deal with my problems, I make fun of them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

In any case, I completely understand why you might feel that way, but, looking at the other side of the coin, there is a very good chance that you're not simply "the odd man out", seeing as how there are several people out there who most likely share the same interests as you do. Not just the Muppets, but everything else you might enjoy. And, I don't know what you look like, but if the people you know can't look past the physical, that's their problem. They're probably not worth your time anyway. I know of far too many girls who won't even look at me. That's their down fall, because, trust me, I've looked at them. :wink: I don't know if I, personally, could ever date a superficial girl if I were worth the attention of one... but I think I'm off track, now.

I think there's someone out there for everyone. However, if a person is looking for the perfect mate, it's not out there. The only way true love exists is by working at it.

*gets down off soapbox and awaits confused/mixed reaction*

beaker

Reaction score
See I always had a dualistic view...one side of me was Teheheman's misanthropic views on love from never having any luck, the other side of me was the hopeful hopeless romantic who never gave up hope.

I mean when your entire life you're made fun of, called ugly, and told girls will never see you as more than a friend(something that has kind of come true)
it kind of gets to ya. But as I said, I had my first actual love two and a half years ago, and for the short duration of the relationship, it was absolutely blissful.

So if it can happen to me, albeit for a fleeting moment, it can happen to anyone.

Unfortunately, WAY to many people...guys and girls, are horrendously shy, lack confidence and self esteem...and may have some crucial things they need to work on in their life before they find love. But recognizing that is a great first step. I plan on letting nothing stopping me on my way toward reaching my creative goals, and all I can say is it would be all the more cooler if I found my special someone along the way who is also equally creative and a dreamer.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
beaker said:
See I always had a dualistic view...one side of me was Teheheman's misanthropic views on love from never having any luck, the other side of me was the hopeful hopeless romantic who never gave up hope.
I think I share a similar view, Cory. I've had very small glimpses of real love, but I've also been stomped down by it... often.

I guess my wishy-washy, Wembling self is also undecided in the optomist/pescimist department. :wink:

jediX

Reaction score
All that I know for sure is that:
1) there are a lot of evil females out there
2) that I always wind up with them
3) the more I deal with them, the more I appreciate my dog
4) heavy metal is very therapeutic
5) I make a mean pizza burrito.