Muppet Builds

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Hey Guys I'm working on gonzo, This head I made last year but left him in the cupboard as I had no idea on what to do for his eye mech. I Bought a 3d Printer and I've started to design a mech... Does anyone have any idea on how his mech works. I understand the basic mech for forward facing eyes but gonzo's eyes are turned, and what I've added before don't work. Do you think it will work with the idea Im working on?

Amazing, I can't wait to see the final result

Cookie3001

Reaction score
so I've almost finished Fozzie, my pens run out doing the scarf.. OMG he's big, but its been fun to make :smile:. I had a few failed attempts on Gonzo's mech but he's going to be worked on next.
Thanks and amazing Fozzie puppet, keep up the good work

Bear Man

Reaction score
Looks absolutely awesome, mate, I’d suggest using foam for the eye lids that is half or two thirds the thickness of your current ones.

Doctimelash

Reaction score
Looks absolutely awesome, mate, I’d suggest using foam for the eye lids that is half or two thirds the thickness of your current ones.
Thank you, It's been a nightmare to get the correct size and open cell foam in the uk. So my plan is to finish him off this weekend, get clothes for him next week and sell him to try again with better materials.
This is how he looks at the moment not too bad for a first try.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQWRyClu6b/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1tn3fwkton9n4

Bear Man

Reaction score
Ah yes, as an Australian I know (and have experienced) similar nightmares (if not worse!) I’ve been very lucky in finding a local foam supplier who will cut white reticulated foam to the right thickness. However I’ve got no chance of finding local suppliers of fur in a range of colours and lengths.

One thing I’ve realised is that using the search terms “outdoor” or “quick-dry” foam will often produce a much greater number of results, and in my experience it’s the best exact sort of open-cell/reticulated foam required.
Thank you, It's been a nightmare to get the correct size and open cell foam in the uk. So my plan is to finish him off this weekend, get clothes for him next week and sell him to try again with better materials.
This is how he looks at the moment not too bad for a first try.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQWRyClu6b/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1tn3fwkton9n4

Doctimelash

Reaction score
Yeah I did do a search for the foam but nothing local that I can afford. I have thought about sculpting a head and moulding it, then trying soft polyurethane foam liquid. It's something I was going to do for piggie. As I don't have anywhere to make a oven to bake foam latex and it seems to be a good alternative... Otherwise I'm stuck for now.