Muppet Bible Stories

Xerus

Reaction score
How about this idea for a Muppet Movie? The Muppets do their versions of famous stories from the bible? It could go something like this.

Kermit and Miss. Piggy as Adam and Eve. Kermit can't believe this pig was made from his rib and Kermit gets this need to make a fig leaf collar around his neck.

Rowlf as Noah making numerous wisecracks to all the animals on the ark.

Rizzo as Moses with his rat buddies as the slaves and Johnny Fiama is the Pharoah while Sal bosses the rats around.

Gonzo as Joseph who keeps driving his brothers crazy with his happy weirdness, and ends up getting sold into slavery where he drives his master crazy as well.

Sam Eagle as King Solomon who makes lots of long speeches with Scooter as his lacky.

Robin as David and Sweetums as Goliath.

Fozzie as Jonah who gets swallowed by a whale. Fozzie starts telling bad jokes causing the whale to cough him out.

Pepe as Daniel who gets thrown to the lions who are getting some cocktail sauce ready.

Bobo Bear as Samson with Janice as Delilah who cuts of Bobo's fur.

And it could end with Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo as the 3 wise men roaming the desert while having lots of misadventures, but it's worth it in the end when they finally meet Baby Jesus. :smile:

Ryan

Reaction score
That might possibly go against what the Muppets are all about. Sorry, but that sounds unbelieveably preachy, almost puppet ministry like.

Xerus

Reaction score
Ryan said:
That might possibly go against what the Muppets are all about. Sorry, but that sounds unbelieveably preachy, almost puppet ministry like.
Gee. Really? Because I remember in John Denver's Muppet Christmas special. John was telling the story of the First Christmas. And it even showed a Muppet Mary and Joseph.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that's totally different, as it's a Christmas story. anyway, I am opposed to this as well... doen't see "muppet" to me. Vegitales, yes... muppets, no!

Whatever

Reaction score
No, I would hate to see the Muppets do this.

Ryan

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Gee. Really? Because I remember in John Denver's Muppet Christmas special. John was telling the story of the First Christmas. And it even showed a Muppet Mary and Joseph.
Jim and the entire crew were really against it, from what I hear. I believe the only reason that was in there was because of John's control.

Klonoa

Reaction score
At first, Muppets doing Bible stories sounded like a really good idea to me, but the more I think about it, the less sure I am of that being a good idea. I wouldn't want the Muppets to make a mockery of the Bible. Besides, VeggieTales does a good job already with making Bible stories humorous and meaningful at the same time.

You know, you all will probably call me crazy for this, but the song Robin sings in The Muppet Christmas Carol really sounds like a prayer to me.

--Klonoa

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess the Henson company wouldn't care for that much. I guess the closest we'll ever see is probably the opening scene in "Muppet's From Space" when Gonzo wanted to be on Noah's ark.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, the Simpsons did try a Bible Stories episode, because they didn't feel they were getting enough angry mail anymore. It is possible to do something like this without it being preachy...

Ryan

Reaction score
I dunno, I doubt they'd want to get into religion at all. I'd love to see Muppet Greek Myths, though. That might be interesting.