Misheard Song Lyrics

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently I did it again, this time with one of my favorite Counting Crows songs (it was actually other covers that made me realize it): "Big Yellow Taxi"

Correct: "They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot."
Misheard: "The day paradise put up a parking lot."

Bridget

Reaction score
Joan Jett's I Love Rock And Roll

"So put another dime in the jukebox baby"

I misheard it for:

"So put another dime in the juicebox baby"

(Of course I was around seven or eight years of age, haha.)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm baffled at how those seem so forced. I mean, half of them are the actual name of the song. HOW DO YOU GET THAT WRONG?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've often wondered about certain song titles though...

Getting back to Counting Crows' "Big Yellow Taxi"... why is it called that? Throughout the whole song, a big yellow taxi is mentioned only once, the chorus of the song is "Don't it always seem to go/ that you don't know what you got till it's gone/they paved paradise and put up a parking lot." The song is basically a bunch of metaphors for losing a girlfriend, but still, "Big Yellow Taxi" seems like a fairly random title.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I thought "Big Yellow Taxi" was about environmentalism, especially seeing how it was written by Joni Mitchell.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe I misinterpreted it or something; I know we have this verse:

"They took all the trees and put them in a tree museum, and charge the people a dollar and a half to see them"

Still, with the repeating of, "Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got till it's gone", the last verse being, "Listen late last night, I heard the screen door swing, and a big yellow taxi took my girl away", and knowing some of Counting Crows' other songs, that's just the way I took it. I mean, it always seems like whenever someone loses a loved one, or goes through a breakup, or something along those lines, the phrase, "You don't know what you had till it's gone" seems to come up a lot, so yeah, that's how I came to interpret it.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
I always thought that "Baby" by Justin Bieber was like
REAL LINE: I'm like baby,baby,baby, OHHHHHH
THE LINE THAT MY HEAD INTERPRETED: I'm like maybe,maybe,maybe OHHHHHH

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fact that you had that song repeating in your head in general, you have my condolensces.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, I heard Bruce Springsteen's "Blinded By the Light" on the radio today, and...

Well, just Google that song, and read what the common mishearing of the lyrics is, then you'll have what I heard... :embarrassed: